If you've had a C-Section, read this.

Options
Have any of you had troubles with pain in your lower abs following a c-section? I had one April of 2007 and I still have some pain in my lower abs. My upper abs are crazy strong, I can to crunches forever, but when it comes to leg lifts or leg throws I have an incredible amount of pain there.

Also, after I work out those abs I have alot of pain when I sneeze or cough. I'm just wondering if it gets better over time.

Last year when I lost 20 lbs I noticed a significant different but now it hurts again and I only took a break from doing them for abuot 4 months.

Any advice? I know it's not probable, but I'm just afraid of injuring them or something, ???

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Options
    Have any of you had troubles with pain in your lower abs following a c-section? I had one April of 2007 and I still have some pain in my lower abs. My upper abs are crazy strong, I can to crunches forever, but when it comes to leg lifts or leg throws I have an incredible amount of pain there.

Also, after I work out those abs I have alot of pain when I sneeze or cough. I'm just wondering if it gets better over time.

Last year when I lost 20 lbs I noticed a significant different but now it hurts again and I only took a break from doing them for abuot 4 months.

Any advice? I know it's not probable, but I'm just afraid of injuring them or something, ???
  • lgsprs
    lgsprs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    have you been checked for a hernia. I'm a nurse but i also have a umbilical hernie from my tubal and thats where I have pain at times at. hopes this helps.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I get pain as well and had a c section after twins in 2005...just slight pain with some lower ab exercises and if I sneeze while lying on my back in bed! My doctor had told me that it takes at least a year to heal completely after a c section so you could still be healing. I've never really bothered looking into why I hurt sometimes even though it's been this long...
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hi! i've had 2 c-sections (in 2003 and 2006) and never had pain after the first few weeks postpartum. i've never really worked them super hard, but i have done little bits of ab excercise, and never had a problem.
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice. I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor to check for a thyroid problem soon so I think I"ll talk to her about that at that time.

Thanks again!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • mrnjen2009
    mrnjen2009 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 c-sections, the last one being exactly a year ago, today.
    I haven't really noticed any pain other than a sharp pain every now and then when I cough.
    I've never really associated it with the c-sections though, as the pain doesn't bother me often enough to be a concern. I would suggest you mention it to your doctor at your next visit... everyone's bodies are different, although I wonder if it could be scarred tissue? -Not sure how scarred tissue affects a body, just a thought...
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the dr hon - that definitely doesn't sound right to me. I've had 2 c-sections, one 2.5 years ago and one 11 weeks ago! I am already able to do abs exercise and normal cardio with no discomfort at all :smile:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections and do not experience the pain you are describing. I would get an appt w/ a doctor...best of luck!