What's The Need For Veggies and Fruit Anymore?

Options
13»

Replies

• scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You're body does not readily absorb vitamins from pills. Most of it is peed out. Ever take a B-complex vitamin? Turns your pee a neat, bright yellow color. That would be the B's that didn't get absorbed.

Grapes are great for your colon. I read an article that there is something in them that maintains colon health, but they are unable to replicate it in a lab.

Some vitamins are fat soluble. So, you need to eat fat with them to dissolve them so your body can use them. (Like fat free dressing... not really the best idea ever. A little fat on your salad is good.)

Did you know that you absorb more calcium from dark leafy greens than you do from diary? Skip the milk and eat up all your spinach.

There are just too many things that you get from actual food that can't be replicated in a lab.

Then there is the possibility of ODing on vitamin A. Your body turns beta carotene into vitamin A. You can OD on vit A, but not on Beta carotene. I am sure there are others.

If you are going to take vitamins - a suspension liquid is better than a pill.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Because fruit and veggies taste delicious and supplements taste like ****! This is one reason.

No they dont!

Fruit and veggies taste like ****, at least supplements are edible with no bad taste!

Everyone is different. Supplements mean i dont have to fight a feeling of vomiting for 20 minutes after getting my nutrients.
    Did you know that you absorb more calcium from dark leafy greens than you do from diary? Skip the milk and eat up all your spinach.

Did you know that spinach also tastes like ****, whereas milk tastes good?

Everyone is different.

For those that dont like fruit/veg, a supplemental pill will suffice.