What do you use for your workout?

I use a exercise ball ( doing push ups from it). Kettlebell, Wrist/ankle weight, dumbbell, mat, skipping rope, exercise bands, resistance exercise band.
Some workout dvd.

What would you buy for home workouts and which is the most useful workout accessories?

Thanks for your comment!

Replies

• Best thing we bought was the Wii fit.
    I also have a treadmill and I do different workouts I have on my Netflix instant veiw.
  • Insanity, TurboFire, Chalene Extreme or Hip Hop Abs. Love them all.
    I also love bike rides with the kids, pulling the trailer with the little two for great added burn, and running when I need to clear my head ;)
  • I have a 10 minute solutions- belly fat blast off that I love. I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old at home so I usually only get 10 minutes or so at a time. I also have a treadmill and an exercise bike
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    adjustable dumbells (bowflex selectec, powerblocks etc) would prob be pretty beneficial for the person who does home workouts and a pull/chinup bar
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Running shoes.
    I do also have a sit up bench thingy and a door mounted cable exercise whatsisname thanks to my husband's susceptibility to TV advertorials.
  • I mostly use my running shoes:) But I also have a recumbent bike and use the netflix instant workouts also. I have several work out dvds that I do on days I can't get out of the house. My husband works 24 hour shifts so on those days I usually use my bike or my dvd work outs. Even then it is hard because I have 3 kids under 4. But mostly I like running and walking.
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Pilates total work out bench I got it on the shopping network it comes with instructioal dvd and its fun,It's called the pilates power gym
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Jillian Michaels DVDs & hand weights (3-10lbs) & Wii Just Dance 2.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    I use most of the things that you listed. One more thing-my fave and fined it very useful-Gymboss. Do 20sec. max/10 sec. rest x 8 of 2-arm KB swings with the heaviest kb you can do, rest for 2min. repeat 4 times-great cardio and strength at the same time. Love my Gymboss! I also have two chairs set back to back to do dips or leg raises. You can jump on a chair -box jumps. You can do push ups on a chair -hands or feet on the chair. You can do inverted pull ups on your dining table-better be a sturdy one.We have a Wii and I love Gold's Gym cardio and Dance work outs.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    I use most of the things that you listed. One more thing-my fave and fined it very useful-Gymboss. Do 20sec. max/10 sec. rest x 8 of 2-arm KB swings with the heaviest kb you can do, rest for 2min. repeat 4 times-great cardio and strength at the same time. Love my Gymboss!

I second this. If I only could have one piece of workout equipment, this would be it.
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    2 truck tires (one with a tow strap attached), 2 5-gallon jugs filled with water, dumbells, park bench, pullup bar, mat, small cones and the grassy area at the park next to my house.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    2 truck tires (one with a tow strap attached), 2 5-gallon jugs filled with water, dumbells, park bench, pullup bar, mat, small cones and the grassy area at the park next to my house.

Tire training is awesome/hellish.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Free weights and weight bench
    Swiss ball
    Ankle weights
    Resistance bands
    Pull up bar (doorway kind)
    Wii Fit (occasionally)
    DVDs
    Elliptical

And... of course... my body. Body weight exercises and Parkour (very beginningest of beginners).
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    I have various workout dvd's - p90, turbofire, shred.
    I have a wii fit, but haven't used it in a while.
    I love running, so with the weather warming up, I've been doing more of that.
    I also have some hand weights, and diff resistance bands.
    Oh and a yoga mat.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    EA Sports Active 2 for PS3, resistance bands, hand weights, JM 30DS and a step.
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member

Tire training is awesome/hellish.

I love it. It really mixes the workout up and makes it fun.