Fiber One Brownies.....?

Options
2»

Replies

• oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    They are very good! And great if you just need something chocolate.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I eat them everyday and try to eat the cereal too. For m it helps me lose weight fatser. It is sweet enough for me bc I don't really eat sweets. I don't understand why you would think they are bad for you. They are not high in sugar or anything else. I can eat like i normally do and eat both the brownies and the cereal and not go over my sugar for they day but just hit my fiber or I might go a few over but it has not hurt me any. This might be tmi but it is normal to go up to 3 times a day and letting it sit in your intestines can weigh up to 14 pounds if you arent regular.

Going over your fiber for the day is a GOOD thing. Assuming you're not getting over 60g or something wild like that. Same thing with protein.
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    Here's the nutrition info:
    2430tg0.jpg

Looks like a lot of high fructose corn syrup. I'd avoid them... The ingredient list is so over involved... eh. I buy these:

16hkl0k.jpg

Only 50 calories for 1 individual piece. Delish! to be fair, here's the nutrition info for the chocolate:

INGREDIENTS: BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE (CHOCOLATE LIQUOR, UNBLEACHED WATER-FILTERED BEET SUGAR, COCOA BUTTER, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLA).

ALLERGENS: CONTAINS SOY. PRODUCED ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES PRODUCT CONTAINING MILK, PEANUTS AND TREE NUTS.

4r9ssl.jpg
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Here's the nutrition info:
    2430tg0.jpg

Looks like a lot of high fructose corn syrup. I'd avoid them... The ingredient list is so over involved... eh. I buy these:

16hkl0k.jpg

Only 50 calories for 1 individual piece. Delish!

You didn't even look up the right product, fail. They are brownies, not a bar.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The only thing about ALL Fiber One products is that the #1 ingredient is "chicory root extract" which is where the fiber comes from. Meaning they are not naturally high in fiber, it is added. It's kind of like taking a fiber supplement, and it is not bad for you, but it's not as good as natural fiber from fruits, veggies, grains, etc.

Also anything with "fructose" in it is code for HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) which is processed differently in your body than plain old sugar, and there's some evidence it is associated with obesity because of the way it is stored in your body.

Just some thoughts...I used to eat all the FIber One stuff until I learned all this.
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    Oops... No big deal:

34g7o28.jpg
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    The only thing about ALL Fiber One products is that the #1 ingredient is "chicory root extract" which is where the fiber comes from. Meaning they are not naturally high in fiber, it is added. It's kind of like taking a fiber supplement, and it is not bad for you, but it's not as good as natural fiber from fruits, veggies, grains, etc.

Also anything with "fructose" in it is code for HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) which is processed differently in your body than plain old sugar, and there's some evidence it is associated with obesity because of the way it is stored in your body.

Just some thoughts...I used to eat all the FIber One stuff until I learned all this.

^Agreed. And this was my point. Still HFCS in here... Got the right pic.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love them. They satisfy my chocolate craving and I don't feel guilty at all eating them.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I prefer a real brownie, there is a super yummy recipe for salted caramel brownies from Cooking Light. I will save up or work extra hard for one of those!:love:
  • zapatasbloodjv
    Options
    nothing wrong with them, if u r into the whole "only natural foods" kick than keep it moving.

I eat the brownies and bars from time to time - they have lots of fiber and taste great.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I eat them fairly often. Yes - they are a great snack/treat. But don't count on them for your fiber because as other folks have already mentioned, they are not "naturally" high in fiber - it's added fiber and it is a processed food. The guy who taught my nutrition class called it "fake" fiber actually. LOL Not bad for you - but shouldn't be your ONLY source of fiber.