Hello

Options
I came across the myfitnesspal app a week ago and just discovered it had an actual website well. So, I thought I would just drop in and introduce myself and say "Hello". I'm a 37 year old father of 4 kids (ages 12, 10, 5, and 2). I work about 10 hours a day, and with all this extra weight I've gained, I've had a hard time enjoying my few hours home with them. I've unfortunately have a long history of diabetes on one side of my family tree and heart disease on the other. After losing my grandmother to heart disease and having an aunt lose a leg due to diabetes within the last 6 months, I've finally gotten the message that it is time to get serious. Hopefully, this site will provide me with the inspiration to stay on track.

Replies

• uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... I have been on and off this site and struggle myself, but there is a lot of support on this site and people who will encourage you to keep going and not give up and take one day at a time. You have to start w small goals for your self and keep pushing to accomplish the one at least and then keep moving on.. I have 7 children myself and my weight loss journey has not been easy for me, I have to get up at 4am to go to the gym for me time or other wise I do not get me time.... So it is a sacrifice....
    WE CAAN DO THIS. add me as a friend..