mini vent about husband...

Options

Replies

• donbet69
    Options
    hooray for men !!!!:drinker:

Yep! Men rule! :flowerforyou:

Are the flowers for me? Or for all the ladies you just pissed off for agreeing with me?
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    It had to be more than "a meal" but probably more like several meals. He probably has lot more to lose as well. it was that initial weight drop most everyone experiences (men especially) when they first change the diet to drop pounds. It won't last and will slow way down if he does continue. He also had to be doing some excerise. This to will end I bet. In other words stay committed and on course. If he continues then its good. Just know you are doing real good and now that you vented get back on track and look ahead.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    yepppppp. my husband stops eating chips, and looses 10 pounds in 3 weeks. TEN pounds!!! grrrrrrr
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! My husband gets ripped working out half the time I do. It annoys me, but at the same time I am grateful for it because it really pushes me.
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That type of "diet"is all smoke and mirrors, and you're absolutely right about one thing. If he doesn't get on a healthy eating pattern, and start incorporating exercise into his routine, then it DEFINATELY won't last. -- As a guy I can vouch that we lose it easier, it's true, but maintaining that loss is a whole different story. If I were in your situation I would be much more satisfied with the choices you have made, then to be intimidated by some fluky 15lbs lost by him.

Treating your temple appropriately is a life long process, and is not achieved by skipping meals, removing cheese, or whatever else. It's done by making choices that benefit your body, and that means giving it fuel, working it out, and maintaining balance.

Let me congratulate you on your losses, and let me encourage you that it's not a competition (if it were you'd be kicking his *kitten*!) -- As I tell my wife all the time, there are many times in life where we have to focus on the effort more then the results. The fact is you control one and not the other. I applaud your efforts, and hope you'll be successful in helping your husband along his journey.

Now I am off to run, and because I am a man I am sure I will lose a good 5-10lbs in the next 5miles alone...lol!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It's no fair, BUT in a way it's good. This forces us women to take better care of ourselves, work harder and eat healthier. Sooo as much as it sucks, in the long run it makes the women who actually care healthier.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE! When my fiance and I started dating HE was the big one and I was overweight but not badly. He actually gained a while bunch when we first started dating (he looked adorable but I could tell he didn't like it). Then he got a new job where he was on his feet all day, and he was never a big breakfast person anyway, and then he would also skip lunch and just power through until dinner. At which point he would come home and make some amazing gigantic calorie-laden fatty awesomeness for BOTH of us to eat. At which point he lost 50 pounds and I GAINED fifteen.

He's not even HUNGRY. And he looks HOT. And I don't, really... which is why I'm here! I'm going to doubledown and lose 30!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the same way..he decides to run for a few days a week and he loses 15 pds

yeah it pisses me off to no end. and he STILL eats whatever the heck he wants..
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We stopped baking cookies and my husband dropped 30 pounds! I don't know how many cookies the man was eating but if he sticks around longer I'll give him the quicker weight loss!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    so ive been here since february and only lost 20 lbs. blah blah blah yay is me, blah blah blah.
    Wait...20 lbs since February is considered blah?
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    hooray for men !!!!:drinker:

Yep! Men rule! :flowerforyou:

Are the flowers for me? Or for all the ladies you just pissed off for agreeing with me?

Definitely for the ladays...
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend too... One day he just decided to randomly go for a run... He NEVER runs... Not only did he do 3-4 miles, he also lost a butt load of weight... I don't hate men but...SERIOUSLY???
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to do that and every time I gained it right back so if you look at my stats now I am trying to do it the rightr way and it is taking forever to get it off and with my age it is also taking me longer than ever. Bottom line....this is not a diet....this is a lifestyle change. Now get back on the treadmill and give me more miles! Eat better for you will live longer!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Haha.... This is hilarious. Seems very similar to my household. However you are doing it the more healthy way by actually loosing the weight. Seems to be yo-yo diet...
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Men have got so much more muscle than our girly bodies do. Hang in there, you're doing the right thing!
  • freshstart4me
    Options
    xoxoxo

and yes, only 20 lbs...it should be more...but ill take what ive lost :)
  • Dwilliams306
    Options
    I just started Monday so I wish I were you losing 21 POUNDS - THAT IS GREAT - you go girl!! Don't worry about what you're hubby's doing mine is the same way, not fair, but what can we do?
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well, yes, men have more muscle mass, and as a general rule they do tend to lose it quicker, but there's a huge difference in weight loss from person to person. Some women gain a gazillion pounds and never get a stretch mark, while others start getting them when they hit puberty. How is that any more fair? Some women have cute round booties, while others get the infamous pancake butt. Wanna compare boobs? Legs? Body hair?!?! I mean, there's just no use in doing the comparison thing. Do YOUR thing and rock it as hard as you can, and if he loses, be happy for him, and happy for yourself, because doesn't the sex get better the thinner you both get? Or is that just a pipe dream? *single* LOL Sorry didn't mean to get off topic!!! Please don't report me, people! I was trying to look on the bright side of things!!! :laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    First off, throw taht mother effing scale out the window!!! Ive only lost 20lbs in 2 years but Ive gone from a size 16 to a loose size 10, tight 8. Measure your inches!!! And pay attention to clothes. And walk out of the room when Hubs weighs himself. They are YOUR goals taht matter to you!!!!

Good luck!!!

M
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. My boyfriend is also trying MFP...well he was any way. I barely lost one pound in the first week...he lost 5! He even kept losing week to week even though he wasnt trying very hard. Here I am working my *kitten* off and not really losing much. So not fair!