hollywood icon?

Options
please tell me about a hollywood icon you admire.

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    please tell me about a hollywood icon you admire.
  • dangerkitty2001
    Options
    As far as celebrities, I like Queen Latifah, because she doesn't talk about being skinny, she talks about being healthy. Healthy is a lot more important!! :bigsmile:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I actually can't think of one. :ohwell:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say Kate Winslett.

She's an amazing actress who has survived the world of celebrity with grace and maturity.
    She's weighed 120 pounds, she's weighed 200 hundred pounds by her own admission.
    And she's okay with herself, whatever her current size.
    She doesn't let the media dictate how she should looks.

Kate waits for the right role to come along and not just grab anything to stay in the media spotlight.
    She's a beautiful person inside and out.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Considering what you do, I can SO understand why! LOL

Can I say Ginger Rogers b/c I would kill for legs like that? :bigsmile: I also admire any of those celebrities that keep their kids out of the spotlight. The kid didn't sign up for it, don't subject them to it!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options

I never thought of that. :laugh: That's probably it! I saw Steve Carell in a coffee shop the other morning. Not the sweet, happy guy you would presume he's be! :tongue: :laugh:
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options

I never thought of that. :laugh: That's probably it! I saw Steve Carell in a coffee shop the other morning. Not the sweet, happy guy you would presume he's be! :tongue: :laugh:

if u dont mind me asking, what do u do??
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options

if u dont mind me asking, what do u do??

I'm production/festival coordinator. (Basically means I organize the business side of movies & film festivals) :smile: I don't have to put up with snotty talent on a daily basis (THANK GOODNESS) but I do see and hear my fair share of celebrity nastiness. Thats why they have publicists. :bigsmile: :tongue:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    Okay, I thought of one while I was in the shower!

Mother Teresa :flowerforyou: I'm not Catholic, or even religious but to me, she embodies what people should strive towards.

I think why I struggle with idolizing mainstream celebrities is because they are average people with more money than the rest of us. They aren't special, just rich. And like the Princess Di craze (sorry to any Princess Di fans) or Angelina Jolie craze I don't think charity work etc is that big of a deal. When you have everything you want, it isn't hard to give to others.

But when you have nothing, and you give everything, that is what I think is worthy of admiration. :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Hollywood Icon and admire don't seem to fit in the same sentence. This one really got me thinking though and allenhm has the right idea, there is no one in that is an "icon" IN hollywood that are truly admirable.

so I had to think recent and Paul Newman came to mind because of his food business and the amount of money from that business he gave to charity.

I guess what I am thinking is that take away the make up and the bodies (big or small) and look around and I think there are many people in our communities and daily lives that deserve admiration and respect but NEVER ask for or expect it! :flowerforyou:
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options

AH! Steve Carell? Not him too...
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    well...looks wise, I love Kate Hudson...I want to BE her...

hmmm...for everything else...Princess Diana...she was so charitable and just good-hearted...
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tom Selleck-- years ago-- during an interview someone asked him a political question, what he thought about something-- his answer was thus:

"Why should anyone care what I think about politics? I'm an actor."

I think since, it was learned that he was a Reagan supporter, and was present at his funeral, but he realized and articulated that his job as an actor makes his opinion no more relevant than if he was a butcher, a baker or candlestick maker.

In these whacked out times, where you have every egghead celebrity jumping on the political bandwagon and using their fame to get their knucklehead in office, and then stupid, sheep like fans following just because "The Boss" says the knucklehead is a good guy-- I find Selleck's posture very refreshing.

And he ain't too bad on the eyes, either-- yowsa!!
    tomselleck.jpg
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I love scarlett johansons body shes curvey and hot.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    maybe not a Hollywood Icon but I admire Dave Matthews- such an amazing person in every way possible
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I don't really admire any Hollywood icons. In fact, a majority of them disgust me in all sense of the word.

I do admire a pretty famous persona and that would be Indianapolis Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy.
    I respect and admire him because he is a strong, Christian man who puts his faith in God and family first irregardless of his status. He was there for my family when they needed him most and, in all sincerity, has made me strive to be a better person. He has my utmost and total admiration.:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hmm....I like Simon Pegg because he's hilarious, a great actor, and doesn't take himself too seriously. At all. :laugh: I like people that know they're just people and don't try to be anything more than that.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I don't really admire any Hollywood icons. In fact, a majority of them disgust me in all sense of the word.

I do admire a pretty famous persona and that would be Indianapolis Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy.
    I respect and admire him because he is a strong, Christian man who puts his faith in God and family first irregardless of his status. He was there for my family when they needed him most and, in all sincerity, has made me strive to be a better person. He has my utmost and total admiration.:flowerforyou:

Amen, sister! :heart:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

We really are twins seperated at birth ya know?:smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

We really are twins seperated at birth ya know?:smooched:

hehe Yep. Separated at birth & sent home with Nike shirts & basketball shorts. LOL:laugh: