Fiber

Options
I am usually WAY over on my fiber gram count. Everything else is fine, though. Is that a bad thing?

Replies

• it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think so unless you had digestive problems. At any rate, a bit too much fibre should keep you regular and reduce bowel cancer risk - at least that's what I think the health authorities tell me.
  • Shrekkk
    Options
    agreed
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist actually recommended 25-35 grams of fiber a day.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yeah I'm at 44 grams for the day... I should probably quit there. :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    not bad at all!!!

Mfp has it set way to low, the minimum and adult should have daily is 26 grams. I aim for 30-40.
  • judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    make sure you drink alot of water
  • lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I take 18 capsules a day, roughly 21 grams give or take, not counting normal diet. Add into it 6 fish oil per day, 4 dexatrim max per day, 2 aspirin, a allergy tablet, and usually a couple of advils to help on the sore muscles after my work outs.

Fiber they say helps with your cholesterol. I have not had mine tested, but since I began doing all the pills, and yes it is a lot, my heart rate did something it had not done in 20 someodd years. it not only stabilized but become normal. This was a shock to me because I had gotten so used to it skipping beats many hundred of times a day.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Fiber is good for you!! (as long as you increase slowly) Lots of articles will tell you we don't eat enough for it. My butt is one of those things that I like to keep in working order.