New Guy - 320 pounds - Would love some support - Lap Banders

Options
2»

Replies

• sharifit53
    sharifit53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow, did they leave you out in the cold by yourself? Are there support groups in your area?

We have a friend of the family who had his a year ago and has lost 145 pounds by FOLLOWING the RULES! It makes you want to love rules for once. He eats protein first then vegetables. The entire meal is only about 4 ounces. If he eats fruit he has some between meals so it doesn't fill him up too much.

No sauces, slippery foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, shakes. They flow right through and you don't fill your pouch hence still hungry and got all those calories.

Did they tell you this stuff?

My goal with my uncoming lap band is to become LESS self-focused and more giving to others. While I will have to pay attention to what I do and don't eat, I expect, and proactively decide, that food will be a smaller part of my life overall.
  • withtheband
    Options
    Wow, did they leave you out in the cold by yourself? Are there support groups in your area?

We have a friend of the family who had his a year ago and has lost 145 pounds by FOLLOWING the RULES! It makes you want to love rules for once. He eats protein first then vegetables. The entire meal is only about 4 ounces. If he eats fruit he has some between meals so it doesn't fill him up too much.

No sauces, slippery foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, shakes. They flow right through and you don't fill your pouch hence still hungry and got all those calories.

Did they tell you this stuff?

My goal with my uncoming lap band is to become LESS self-focused and more giving to others. While I will have to pay attention to what I do and don't eat, I expect, and proactively decide, that food will be a smaller part of my life overall.

This has been some sage advice. I found last night I can eat closer to 8 ounces but it's a start, for sure.
    Thanks!!