Coffee

Silly Questions, but I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't know. How bad is coffee for ya? Recently I started student teaching and today was my first cup of coffee Ive had since I started teaching. I felt great throughout the day, so energetic. I'm thinking about drinking a cup every morning. Would that be bad? The only problem is during the PM. I feel so blah...not tired, but not myself...I'm not sure if it's the coffee...I really can't explain the feeling...does anyone know what I'm talking about? haha

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    For most people a cup of coffee in the morning will do nothing bad at all. Nice caffeine boost to get you going. Just remember to log what cream/sugar etc you put in it, and all's good.

For most people.

If you think you're having an aversion to it, check with your gp :)
  • placebo50
    placebo50 Posts: 11 Member
    In order for me to function during the day I need one big cup of coffee in the morning. Coffee isn't bad but what's bad is what you put inside of it. Creamers are full of sugar and one of the main ingredients are High Fructose Corn Syrup. I just have mine with no sugar and a dash of milk.

Also if this is your first time drinking coffee your body might be sensitive to caffeine so stick to one cup everyday and then gradually work into more than one a day but my stomach can't handle more than one cup because of my acid reflux.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    not really bad for you, i've been on upwards of 600mg of caffeine a day, no ill effects
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,299 Member
    I started drinking coffee in college a hundred years ago---LOL! Only time I restricted myself was when I was pregnant. Stopped at one cup a day. Now, my husband and I split a pot of coffee in the a.m. I sometimes have a couple more cups later in the day at school. I consider it a mandatory addiction. I either splash a little milk in it, or take it black. I feel like a late day cup helps get me through a late afternoon workout. In recent months, I try to drink all the water, so actually may be drinking a bit less.....I do feel more energetic with the increased water intake.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    If you have milky coffees or coffees with cream added (common in take-away coffees), you can drink a metric butt ton of calories without even knowing it. Apart from that, whilst 1-2 cups of coffee a day is mildly addictive, it's generally not a problem as long as you are managing the calorie side of things.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    If it is just plain coffee like you make at home without all of the fancy stuff, it isn't bad at all. Even with a teaspoon and a half each of creamer and sugar, it's about 32 calories so not bad. If it is black, it probably doesn't have any calories.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    I just noticed something interesting in the OP.

The question asked was "how bad is it?"

Not "Is it bad?"

That says a lot tbh. With all the scaremongering people are doubting even the most basic foods now!