does it bother you when...

Options
2»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    people say that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat...........no they don't!!- they are both just a pound. Just like a ton of feathers weighs exactly the same as a ton of bricks. I get that the amount of muscle in a pound is much less then the amount of fat in one pound. It just makes me crazy to hear it put that way!

Most people don't say "a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat" (granted some do, but that's just assanine), most people say "muscle weighs more than fat" which is true when taking volume into consideration because muscle is more dense than fat so by volume muscle does weigh more than fat. Or a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    This doesn't even register on my list of things that bother me. I don't care what other people believe. I have my own misguided beliefs to grapple with.

I love grappling..... i prefer japanese over brazilian jiu jitsu
    I hate you.

what about capoeira?
    That's more my speed.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    This doesn't even register on my list of things that bother me. I don't care what other people believe. I have my own misguided beliefs to grapple with.

I hate you.

what about capoeira?
    That's more my speed.

see...i knew me and you rocked for some reason. we'll add that to our traveling act.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    people say that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat...........no they don't!!- they are both just a pound. Just like a ton of feathers weighs exactly the same as a ton of bricks. I get that the amount of muscle in a pound is much less then the amount of fat in one pound. It just makes me crazy to hear it put that way!

pmhQH.gif
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    It did at one time, but now I just translate. Just like when someone says they want to 'tone' their muscles. I know there is no such thing and what they want to do is reduce the fat layer and pump up the muscle so it's more defined.

Sometimes you have to read what they mean, not what they write.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

I hate you.

what about capoeira?

I cant dance i tend to stick with sambo and krav maga.....i fight dirty!