"Jenna Marbles" diet and exercise

Options
"Jenna Marbles" is hilarious. She makes somewhat offensive YouTube videos, my favorite, is "How to trick people into thinking you're really good looking" haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpwAtnywTk

anyways, she has a video about what her diet and exercise is, it's not a funny video, unfortunately, just informational. But i just now saw it and I don't think i could have this much will power, but i thought it was really interesting that she was vegan!! eventually, i think I'd like to say I could be that healthy. Right now, I am not even considered a 'clean' eater. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Here is her video on Jenna's diet and exercise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8V7KivOz6Y&feature=relmfu

edit:
oh, meant to ask... if there were any people out there who made the transition to eating vegan/vegetarian recently or what made them decide to make the transition, etc? was the whole point of my post? lol

Replies

• bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    "How to trick people into thinking you're really good looking" is my FAVE! She is very funny! I watched what she eats too and was like, damn no wonder she has a knock out body! I couldn't eat like that, she does however have a cheeseburger once a week or whatever so she doesn't freak out lol But kudos to her, she is an inspiration.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    yeah, i agree, she definitely has a knockout body!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Jenna Marbles is hilarious and gorgeous!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    she's so cool
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    hot and funny yes. Hell no to changing to vegan because she is hot though :tongue:

TURTLE BACKPACK, TURTLE SPIN!
  • sarah307
    Options
    haha turtle spin!
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    lol shes so funny! What does she do for a job?
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The Badlands are so sexual
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    lol shes so funny! What does she do for a job?

She gets paid through youtube, does a lot of modelling, and im pretty sure gets paid to dance in clubs (go go dancer)
  • LixxiKitti
    Options
    Hi Sarah
    Not sure if this answers your question so if it doesnt please feel free to message me!

I have been vegetarian for about 10 years now (so not recent). I did it gradually with fish being the last thing I cut out.
    Due to food intolerances I dont eat much dairy (although I still eat some) and I dont eat whole eggs (they just gross me out big time.) I dont cook with eggs or have them in the house but if i was to go somewhere and someone offered me a piece of cake or something that was made with eggs I'd still eat it (thats just me, thats not a specific type of vegetarianism or anything).
    There are several different types of vegetarianism, the main one is when you still eat dairy and eggs.

My best friend is vegan and she lived with me for a while, and I am close to eating a vegan diet but as above, I dont.
    I think one of the misconceptions about veganism is that it must help you lose weight/make you skinny. This isnt necessarily true as there's a lot of foods that are vegan (rice, rice milk, dark chocolate, certain breads, beans, dairy free margerine etc) that are all high in cals, so its a lot about portion control, I think.

I became and continue to be vegetarian as I see humans as another type of animal, and that we have the skills/abilites/technololgies to substitute our nutrition sources, as seeing as we can, we should. I hate the idea of eating someone else.
    Thats my personal thoughts and beliefs on the issue- I love being vege and would totally recommend it :) Hope that helps in some way!!
    :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love "What girls do on the internet" :-D
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You'd probably find if you ate like Jenna you'd get used to it, and like it - willpower doesn't become a problem because you enjoy your meals. I found weaning myself from junk food, I no longer crave it, and I would suspect it works farther than that to eating as clean as her. I personally HATE salad and most vegetables (but I make myself eat it anyways lol :| ) so the daily salad would be torture for me, but smoothies are delicious and versatile!

She's also my favourite person on YouTube hahaha. hilarious.
  • sarah307
    Options
    Hi Sarah
    Not sure if this answers your question so if it doesnt please feel free to message me!

I have been vegetarian for about 10 years now (so not recent). I did it gradually with fish being the last thing I cut out.
    Due to food intolerances I dont eat much dairy (although I still eat some) and I dont eat whole eggs (they just gross me out big time.) I dont cook with eggs or have them in the house but if i was to go somewhere and someone offered me a piece of cake or something that was made with eggs I'd still eat it (thats just me, thats not a specific type of vegetarianism or anything).
    There are several different types of vegetarianism, the main one is when you still eat dairy and eggs.

My best friend is vegan and she lived with me for a while, and I am close to eating a vegan diet but as above, I dont.
    I think one of the misconceptions about veganism is that it must help you lose weight/make you skinny. This isnt necessarily true as there's a lot of foods that are vegan (rice, rice milk, dark chocolate, certain breads, beans, dairy free margerine etc) that are all high in cals, so its a lot about portion control, I think.

I became and continue to be vegetarian as I see humans as another type of animal, and that we have the skills/abilites/technololgies to substitute our nutrition sources, as seeing as we can, we should. I hate the idea of eating someone else.
    Thats my personal thoughts and beliefs on the issue- I love being vege and would totally recommend it :) Hope that helps in some way!!
    :)

thanks! yeah, this does help me!
    yeah, i wasn't interested in the idea of vegan-ism for weight loss or anything, it was more the idea of not eating 'toxins' or eating more 'clean' (which i seriously dont even eat 'clean' ..even though, i pretend that i try to) to FEEL BETTER and i liked how Jenna was just saying how much more energy she had and how much difference she felt,etc. which of course, is what everyone says!! and of course, i think we'd all agree, when we eat healthier, we feel better, blah blah blah, but i'd like to REALLY eat healthier, i guess this was the first time i was really introduced to the IDEA of vegan-ism or even vegetarianism (i hope i am using these words correctly? lol)

maybe.. someday... :D
  • cciviero
    Options
    I read your post. This video is what changed my lifestyle. The key is having 1 or two days off. It gives you something to look forward to! These days don't have to be the weekend. I do give myself Saturday off but if you have a Wednesday off for example, it would give you something to look forward to in your week. Many people, including myself, have gone on diets but can maintain them. Giving yourself a day or two off changes this diet into a lifestyle. You don't have to cut your favorite foods out forever, just until Saturday!

Just be careful not to over do it on your days off. This Saturday I ate cheese on my day off...It was glorious.

P.S. I lost 10 lbs in a month after starting this diet + 30 mins of exercise 3 times a week.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Lixxi,
    You eat pretty close to me.
    I've been vegie for nearly 20 years.
    I gave up meat cos i hated the way my mum cooked.
    I can't stand to be in the same room as raw eggs.

But i will now eat cake, ( i didn't use too)
    I too ate alot of carbs and fat and got over weight.
    I still njoy cheese and to a lesser extnt chocolate.
  • Hannahrose206
    Hannahrose206 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and have been for awhile now. I did it for health reasons and kinda did it overnight and gave up everything cold turkey. I will tell you that it makes you feel great and the energy is awesome. I haven't gone back or ate something I shouldn't of once... If i get a craving for something they usually have a vegan version for it. You know, like veggie burgers and gardein's mandarin chicken. I try to stay away from foods like that though because I want to do this for health benefits. You should try it!
  • SierraLizS
    Options
    She was a Go-Go dancer for a while, she's been a blogger for years, and now she makes a lot off of her YouTube videos.
  • katieginger
    Options
    I was vegan for a while and am still vegetarian. I would like to have stayed vegan but since I'm quite picky about a lot of foods, I couldn't maintain that kind of diet and still be healthy. While I was vegan my diet was pretty close to Jenna's except I had oatmeal for breakfast sometimes as well (I looooove oatmeal). I still try to eat as clean as I can and I avoid dairy as much as possible, it really does make me feel a lot more energetic but it can be super difficult when the people around you aren't eating the same way.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Just spent a couple hours watching JennaMarbles. lol. I had seen the first video you posted before, but hadn't really seen the others. Sucked me right in! :)
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    haha, just watched a bunch of her videos and they're pretty funny. i wish she'd quit with the stupid little dogs though, and get rid of all the video splicing.