Then and now... minus 50 pounds, but plus so much more

Options
I officially started my weight loss/health journey on January 1 of this year. I was excited and nervous about the future me. I didn't have a trainer, or a plan, or a nutritionist. I just exercised. I counted my calories, I ate less, I ate better. I ran. I lived life (and am still living life) to its fullest. At first, there was a lot more downs than ups. I became impatient; I wanted instantaneous results. But I stayed persistent with healthy eating and exercise, and 9 months later, I've lost almost 50 pounds.

I may be smaller in a physical sense, but my heart and mind have grown to be huge. I've learned that weight loss is so much more than just being "fat" and working to be "skinny." It's not that. It's becoming healthy, and reaching the point where your body and heart actually feel good. Weight loss is finding the outer you that you feel reflects who you are on the inside.

Last year, I was diagnosed with clinical depression. I felt worthless, miserable, and had no aspiration to continue living life. I sought help and decided to make a change in myself. Today, I can honestly say that I am genuinely happy with who I am, how I feel, and how I look. I'll never look back.

You guys already know you can do it. It's not necessary for me to provide motivation, but I really do mean it when I quote Ben Davis, "if you want to do it, all you have to do it."

UGH the collage is too big to fit in the margins of the MFP forum, so please click this link! http://i53.tinypic.com/2r3xe7r.jpg

From 190 to 143, from size 14 to size 4, from depressed to healthy and happy, this is me!

Here's another MFP link to previous progress photos http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231434-30-pounds-lighter-pics-of-my-journey

Replies

• Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good for you :)
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look fantastic and.....HAPPY!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    So impressive! You have done a lot of hard work, physically and mentally. Congratulations!!
  • jeyoung03
    Options
    Way to go! That's awesome!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    you looked really good for 180! I wish I looked that good when I weighed that!
    and of course you look good now!
  • Sweet_Southern_Tea
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the great work! I am so proud of your mental and physical transformation! Fell free to add me as a friend. I've been blogging about my journey so I personally know how you feel!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how proud I am of you. We've been friends for like six years so I'm happy to see you so happy. I can't wait to get to the point you're at where you're happy with yourself. I love you!
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Your stats are about that same as mine. It's nice to see someone succeed!!! Great job :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are BEAUTIFUL! and inspiring :) thank you for sharing. are you a model now, missy???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!