Shakeology vs Herbalife

Options
Hi everyone, I am trying to get some information from those that have used these product and, or done comparison on them. I would like to know opinions on both products as far as cost, taste, weight loss, health benefits etc. If anyone can help out with information it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking into the products for a family member and would like real personal experience from MFP peeps instead of from those that simply sell the products for profit. There is a vast cost difference between the two, I am wondering what the benefits are for the price difference. Thank you in advance for all your help!!!
Have a happy and healthy day!!!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    if you really need a mrp in your life acquire any number of great tasting protein powders on the market and use that. better macros and much much cheaper for you
  • mkupartist
    mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to sell Herbalife for a year. I did not feel like their shakes were any better than other protein powders. In fact, the artificial sweeteners in them gave me migraines.

From my perspective, you're better off with a different protein powder both from the cost perspective and the commitment to a product. Try a few different kinds and find one that agrees with your body and that tastes good.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I use Jay robb protein powder. It's expensive, but not nearly as much as Herbalife or Shakeology :wink:

Seriously, use protein powder and a multi vitamin. Much cheaper :flowerforyou:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The cost is a major factor and prevented me from continuing with Visalus, similar to Herbalife. I know take GNC/Optimum Nutrition products because they are significantly more cost effective and friendlier on my budget.
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've never taken Herbalife, but I just started taking Shakeology 3 month ago and I love it. You can do further research on this website: http://myshakeology.com/CarlaRH It basically tells you about everything about Shakeology. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Since they're both MLM's they are both overpriced if compared to other protein powders on the market with the same if not better quality. My personal favorite is Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard and Nitrocore 24. Both serve at .67 and .85 cents per serving.
  • nevilk
    nevilk Posts: 1
    Options
    What nobody has recognised is the high value on some of the MLM nutritional companies. You are not just getting one of the highest quality products available. You also get support and follow up, advice and mentoring, and as the Barclay's CC advert says..."priceless"!
    Also, concider how some manufacturers are able to offer their products at such low prices, and continually have 2-4-1 offers? How much of their income goes towards R&D to make products better and ensure quality throughout the supply chain. If you buy your product for £20 in a shop, it has been marked up from source, via wholesale importers, transport, shops, staff, salesmen etc. So that £20 product only cost about £4 and most of the mark up has gone to paying others. In an MLM company, nearly all of those middle men are eliminated so the difference can be fed straight back to R&D and the distributor.

Never rely on opinions from those who do not have the facts and can evidence them.
  • kettlebell23
    kettlebell23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just come across this conversation. Regards to the 'extras' you get from a certain company remind me what training the advisors get? How many years at College do the spend with an impartial tutor? How far do they look in to said wonder products in terms of hormonal responses? The extras you talk about are no more than what you would get from someone in Holland n barrets! You might as well do the research online yourself. Talking about optimum nutrition gold standard there actual mark up from manufacturing is ridiculously small compared to others! Remind me what is one of the main ingredients in a herbalife shake soy protein and fructose, cheapest ingredients regards to protein quality going! Tell me about the mark up on there products then? Why can you buy from independent distribution people at such varying costs 30-60 pounds depending on who you talk to!

But this is just my opinion n observations :)
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard and Nitrocore 24. Both serve at .67 and .85 cents per serving.

I use ON 100% Gold Standard for my post-workout protein boost and I love it! ^_^