Sigh

Options
Ever have one of those days? Where you can't seem to stop looking backward? Days when you just dwell on what was?

I've been doing this for a little over 2 years now. I'm pretty much at my goal weight, but I'd like to lose a little more body fat and get myself the six pack I've never had. For some reason though I've just been looking back and thinking, not about how far I've come, but how far I still have to go.

Usually I'm a pretty positive person. I'm pretty laid back and easy going. And don't get me wrong, I KNOW I'm going to reach my goals. It just feels like somebody snuck in last night and moved the finish line farther away. Kinda like passing the 1KM left sign twice during the same race.

And so with a deep sigh, I'll keep going until I get there, but if anybody sees the b@stard who's messing with my finish line, shoot him for me would ya? :-)

Thanks for listening. MyFitnessPals are the best :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Ever have one of those days? Where you can't seem to stop looking backward? Days when you just dwell on what was?

I've been doing this for a little over 2 years now. I'm pretty much at my goal weight, but I'd like to lose a little more body fat and get myself the six pack I've never had. For some reason though I've just been looking back and thinking, not about how far I've come, but how far I still have to go.

Usually I'm a pretty positive person. I'm pretty laid back and easy going. And don't get me wrong, I KNOW I'm going to reach my goals. It just feels like somebody snuck in last night and moved the finish line farther away. Kinda like passing the 1KM left sign twice during the same race.

And so with a deep sigh, I'll keep going until I get there, but if anybody sees the b@stard who's messing with my finish line, shot him for me would ya? :-)

Thanks for listening. MyFitnessPals are the best :flowerforyou:
    It's just a day. I usually feel like this when my Fantasy team loses to a lesser opponent.......................
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    He's been found and SHOT. No charge!!
  • RobinRenee83
    RobinRenee83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    *whips out the shoutgun*
    I'm a pretty good shot. I'll take care of him before he touches your finish line again!
  • pahnke_p
    Options
    I think that I can say from experience that having the low moment actually can motivate me. It's weird how it works because I get moments like that ALL the time.

For you though, you've lost over 100 lbs. THAT'S INCREDIBLE IN ITSELF. Congrats on that!!!!!! Think about how far you've come.

I can only hope to find the strength and courage that you have at some point on my journey!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    yup...i'm in the same boat as you today...*****y and sad and not appreciating all the great progress ive made.

we've got this!!!!

*raises glass* here is to losing body fat!!!
  • carlostacey
    Options
    152 pounds!! You're such an inspiration!!! Remeber that when you're tempted to be down on yourself.
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Awww this brought tears to my eyes, because its so true about life in general. You look great, keep up the good work and stop making people cry! Lol