43 Pounds Down *With Pics*

Options
(This is a repost from chit-chat, I don't know how to move it and I guess it fits here better)
I started seeing a nutrionist last month just to get some direction on healthy lifestyles...cause all this carbs, calories, good and bad...things confused the snot out of me. I went back today and had lost five pounds over three weeks. I was kinda bummed, because I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere.

Then she pulled up my weight sheets for the past several years...and showed me where I had weighed 218lb, I said that was when I was prego with my son and she informed me...nope, that was a few months post baby, I weighed more after I had him then when I was 9mo prego.

She showed me that what I hadn't noticed along the way was that the walking, and watching what I was eating is actually working so even though its been almost two years...I went from 218 to 175 ...so I've lost 43lbs. Which, kinda makes me grin like an idiot..

*UPDATE*
After talking to her I went back and pulled my pictures...you're so right about not seeing it when you look in the mirror...this was me at my heaviest...-embarrused- 10430_1254367885093_1406446932_30744016_2252511_n.jpg
and this is me now
320965_2414593490008_1406446932_32883950_791290755_n.jpg
---
Oh, and my hubby has been giving me greif about my'girly exercise video' the 30 day shred I started because I was so sore...well he tried it today and nearly blacked out.

Then said sorry, and he took it all back.

This also made me smile.

Done now. <3

Replies

• Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss. You are doing great.
  • SheWei
    SheWei Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!! congratulations.
  • lyknscribe
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!!!
  • NIK25
    NIK25 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow very inspiring!!
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ha ha my husband refuses to shred with me.
  • 1bigtabbycat
    1bigtabbycat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Excellent Job - makes me chuckle when I read about your husband and your girly excercise video - hee hee!:laugh:
  • mj_zepeda
    mj_zepeda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    great!!! congrats!! keep it up!!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! NO ONE in my family will Shred with me. Not even my 12 year old can keep up. LOL.
  • lyknscribe
    Options
    thanks everyone!

Yeah hubby is a factory worker so does lots of heavy lifting, but nothing endurence or cardio etc....it kicked his butt,

Which shouldn't make me smile- but does!

wow joakool - given your avatar, i'm not sure I could!
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    You look fantastic! What a great story -- thanks for sharing.

Oh, and the 30 DS kicked my hubby's butt, too! lol

Keep it up!! :)
  • lyknscribe
    Options
    Thanks! Im so glad I found this site its so wonderful for support!
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! WTG girl
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your loss Lyknscribe
  • CynthiaLaurenti
    Options
    Awesome! What is this Shred video? Is it like turbo fire? I've been doing turbo fire this past month and had RAPID weightloss :D FINALLY! I'd like to check this workout out too! :)
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!

Yeah hubby is a factory worker so does lots of heavy lifting, but nothing endurence or cardio etc....it kicked his butt,

Which shouldn't make me smile- but does!

wow joakool - given your avatar, i'm not sure I could!

LOL well, if I could Shred on the trampoline I probably "could" do rock star jumps like Natalie and Jillian!
  • scrapnextras
    scrapnextras Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You rock!! Great work and I know it was a lot of work...so soak up the accolades and celebrate every mile...pound and punch! You deserve it!
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wowowow! Not only are you shedding those pounds, you are also getting fit and healthy! Big congratulations :-D
  • irishredgirl70
    irishredgirl70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love the bit about your husband, now thats awesome!:laugh:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's funny about your husband. ha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!