I need a pep talk......and a kick in the butt!

Options
I have been struggling the last couple of days with my diet....just keep slipping and i know if i don't put a stop to it soon i will fall off the wagon for a couple of days and mess up what i started on janurary first.

so,what i need is a pep talk! A reminder of why im trying to get rid of this last 35 or so lbs? My goal was to be down by the summer....i think thats pretty acheiveable(and still acheiveable). Ive lost alot of weight so far, so what ive got to do is just get back in that diet zone(a zone im in mentally to where I don't allow food to bother me.....emotionally) Ive been in the diet zone since janurary.....please, Help me by giving me a pep talk!

Im tired of being chubby....im a size 14 but I desperately want to be in a size 6/8!

Oh,and I wanted to add that this same 35lbs has been haunting me since spring of 2007, so if you can imagine how frustrated i am with myself:angry:

Replies

• punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I have been struggling the last couple of days with my diet....just keep slipping and i know if i don't put a stop to it soon i will fall off the wagon for a couple of days and mess up what i started on janurary first.

so,what i need is a pep talk! A reminder of why im trying to get rid of this last 35 or so lbs? My goal was to be down by the summer....i think thats pretty acheiveable(and still acheiveable). Ive lost alot of weight so far, so what ive got to do is just get back in that diet zone(a zone im in mentally to where I don't allow food to bother me.....emotionally) Ive been in the diet zone since janurary.....please, Help me by giving me a pep talk!

Im tired of being chubby....im a size 14 but I desperately want to be in a size 6/8!

Oh,and I wanted to add that this same 35lbs has been haunting me since spring of 2007, so if you can imagine how frustrated i am with myself:angry:
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :wink: :happy: :smile:

Here's your pep talk Punka...

You know that the longer you lose weight, get fit, etc., the more challenging it is to lose those last few pounds -- that 35 lb goal you're working on. BUT: you also know that if you stick to it - through days when the scale goes up (probably water!) and days when it drops more than you thought, and just follow a good and healthy routine of diet, water, exercise and sleep, you will continue to make progress.

And, as my good friend Fitness Chick says, "nothing tastes as good as fitness feels." So, WHEN you stay on your plan (Not "if" CAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO!!! :drinker: ) you will soon get to that place where you want to be physically, mentally and yes, emotionally, and I bet - like you! - that comes before the summer!!!

Now flash forward to all your friends and family saying "ooh" and "ahh" and "i didn't know you could do it!" and you say..... "But I did!!!!!"

Keep going Punka - we're here for you!!!

:drinker: :wink: :laugh: :tongue: :drinker: :glasses:
  • punka274
    Options
    :wink: :happy: :smile:

Here's your pep talk Punka...

You know that the longer you lose weight, get fit, etc., the more challenging it is to lose those last few pounds -- that 35 lb goal you're working on. BUT: you also know that if you stick to it - through days when the scale goes up (probably water!) and days when it drops more than you thought, and just follow a good and healthy routine of diet, water, exercise and sleep, you will continue to make progress.

And, as my good friend Fitness Chick says, "nothing tastes as good as fitness feels." So, WHEN you stay on your plan (Not "if" CAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO!!! :drinker: ) you will soon get to that place where you want to be physically, mentally and yes, emotionally, and I bet - like you! - that comes before the summer!!!

Now flash forward to all your friends and family saying "ooh" and "ahh" and "i didn't know you could do it!" and you say..... "But I did!!!!!"

Keep going Punka - we're here for you!!!

:drinker: :wink: :laugh: :tongue: :drinker: :glasses:

AWESOME! :drinker:

ETA-Ive got to go to work now...but im printing this and any other pep talks that come when i get home this afternoon!

Mr. Happy...you have just made my day! :bigsmile:
  • marisa0918
    Options
    Well I am in the same place as you. I am just so not motivated anymore to lose. I have lost the extra so I am now back to where I have been at for the past 3 years and where I am comfortable at. Being a busy mom I usually exercise at home, so what I have started doing is exercising in front of mirrors. I usually just wear a sports bra and when I see my not so flattering belly area jumping around it makes me want to work twice as hard to get rid of it. haha

Anyway you have done great and I wish you the best of luck on the rest of you wight loss journey :smile: Keep up the great work!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    wow 92 lbs that is great. Don't stop now you have some way to far. You are so right about falling off the wagon. I did and ate the horse too. i gained back 22 lbs of what i had lost. i am only down 20 now and believe me it messes with me physically, spiritually, and mentally. I am having such a hard time getting back on track, especially with my exercise. I sit here and think about how i should be doing it and I don't and then feel crappy. You can do it, if you lost 92lbs you can reach your goal. You inspired me alot this morning just seeing how far you have come. Thanks!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Girl don't give up now! You have come a long way and you can finish this!! I think it is awesome how much you have already lost. Never give up! Too many people do and you have gotten here and done so well and I just know you can do this. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how you do!!
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    That's for asking for a pep talk. I think we all can use one right about now. :wink:

Mr. Happy - that was a great pep talk!
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    that's like 1/3 of what you've already accomplished!!! way to go!!! you're so close. one pound at a time.
  • punka274
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement....everyday is such a challenge. I can do it though...you guys are awesome!

ok,im gonna go and put in my cals for the day! Have a great weekend!:flowerforyou: