For the ladies!

I know it's very normal to gain a little bit of weight before and during your period due to bloating, but I can't help but still feel absolutely awful about the way I look during these days. Not only does my stomach distend, but I've noticed that other trouble areas (thighs, butt, etc) also get "fuller" during this time. I've been cutting a lot of sodium out of my diet as well (also drinking plenty of fluids!) Excuse me if I'm being too forward (a.k.a. speaking with my vagina instead of my brain), but this situation is seriously getting me down - especially since I've been so good with my calorie intake!

I guess my questions are: how much weight do you guys gain on your period? How do you deal with the emotional stress of it all?

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Green tea always comforts me <3 Hugs!
  • I can gain up to 8 lbs xD I just mope through it xD even my fingers swell!
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    TOM for me is +-5 lbs. it comes, and then it goes. I don't get the emotional wreck stuff like others do, but I suspect just being kind to yourself will help. remember, it's part of being a woman, and totally normal, and it will PASS.
  • Are you kidding I freaked out cause I thought I gained 5 pounds :sick: Then I realized what was going on lol You know midal has a diuretic in it for bloating of that kind and you can buy over the counter diuretics It helps with excess water weight My family suffer from excess water weight My mom takes it all the time YOu just got to be careful when you take it.
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    i generally gain about 2-3 lbs. and i just wear yoga pants with a cute cardigan so i don't feel puffy in my jeans, and ya know its only a few days out of the month. don't worry it will all shift back again <3
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    i generally gain about 2-3 lbs. and i just wear yoga pants with a cute cardigan so i don't feel puffy in my jeans, and ya know its only a few days out of the month. don't worry it will all shift back again <3

Yoga pants are my friends!
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    I gain gain up to 10lbs during my TOM. It is so annoying. I just drink lots of water and keep up with what I'm doing and when it's over I'm VERY happy. Lol