Coffee!! :D

Who else is absolutely addicted to the black sludge? ;D

I drink about a pot of black coffee a day now!

Someone inform me about how bad this is O.o I couldnt get through college without it.... xD

Replies

• Mmmm. Of course! I enjoy coffee in any way, especially black with two sugar cubes ^-^
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    It's fine for you, lots of benefits to drinkin coffee.

Assuming you're not loadin it with cream, sugar or other things........
  • keithaj1
    keithaj1 Posts: 71 Member
    Coffee is fine.... it is what you put in it that is the problem.

A 1-tbsp. serving of sugar adds 49 calories, half-and-half adds 20 calories and whipped cream adds 52 calories to your coffee.
  • Coffee is good for the body. However, there are studies that says too much coffee is also bad. So I suggest that aside from the coffee you are addicted, try some easy healthy meals.

http://www.weightlosingportal.com/easy-healthy-meals/
  • coffee is my MUST in my diet. i have cut out the starbucks and extra flavored drinks and stick with black coffee, two tablespoons of creamer and a sprinkle of cinnamon! yummmmmmmmmmm i cant wait to wake up tomorrow :D
  • MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (I just drinked another one minutes ago) :happy:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    I love coffee as well, but from a nutitional standpoint you really want to limit how much you have as it builds up acids in your

stomach and slows your bodies digestive system. . . alcohol does this as well. . . So make sure that you limit how much and drink

plenty of water along with it as each cup depletes your body of 2 cups of water. . .Good luck.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Too much is probably not a good idea, but in moderation it helps speed up the metabolism post-workout.
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Look up the link between coffee and adrenal fatigue.
  • Caffeine addict here, since 1992! By the way, I was 7 in 1992. I remember being in the second grade and filling out the food pyramid. I asked, "Where do I put coffee?" All my classmates were like you drink coffee?? I thought it was normal for a child to drink coffee! Must be a Mexican thing to feed your young children coffee. :P
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    mmmmm coffee!!
  • It's fine for you, lots of benefits to drinkin coffee.

Assuming you're not loadin it with cream, sugar or other things........

Nope! I dont like that stuff :] just plain ole black coffee! Right now my taste buds are lovin colombian :]
  • Caffeine addict here, since 1992! By the way, I was 7 in 1992. I remember being in the second grade and filling out the food pyramid. I asked, "Where do I put coffee?" All my classmates were like you drink coffee?? I thought it was normal for a child to drink coffee! Must be a Mexican thing to feed your young children coffee. :P

I was the same! I used to drink my grandmom's coffee when ever she left the room xD they all thought it was cute hehe
  • I love coffee as well, but from a nutitional standpoint you really want to limit how much you have as it builds up acids in your

stomach and slows your bodies digestive system. . . alcohol does this as well. . . So make sure that you limit how much and drink

plenty of water along with it as each cup depletes your body of 2 cups of water. . .Good luck.

slows your digestive system? really :O hmmmm

I was the same! I used to drink my grandmom's coffee when ever she left the room xD they all thought it was cute hehe

Bahaha! That is cute. Little did they know, they were creating an addict! :O
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    I drink a ridiculous amount of coffee if im honest!!! Ive cut down a hell of a lot now, i replace it with water - its very hard but im getting used to it! :) i wouldnt say coffee is extremeley bad for you lol, i usrd to drink gallons of it and im still alive! :D its what you put init that has the effect on the body! - too much sugar!!! :)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    I used to not drink coffee, but now I find myself drinking nearly a pot every morning. I use the low fat creamer and splenda. Coffee also acts as an appetite suppressor for me.
  • I used to not drink coffee, but now I find myself drinking nearly a pot every morning. I use the low fat creamer and splenda. Coffee also acts as an appetite suppressor for me.

same here! also fights my cravings

I focus better, study better, and am a happier person with my large amounts of black coffee ^-^

Bahaha! That is cute. Little did they know, they were creating an addict! :O

I still do it when I go to visit xD im still adorable apparently xD
  • Yep, addicted! I used to drink a lot but I've cut down a bit. I work overnights so I have to be careful I don't drink coffee before leaving at 7a. I have 1 cup when I wake up around 3 or 4p, 1 cup around 7 or 8p, and another cup before I leave for work at 10:30p.

All I put in my coffee is 1 packet of sweetner and I sprinkle some cinnamon powder in the grounds before brewing.