Gutless Gutters Challenge -Weekend Edition

Options
Good morning Gutters!

Not sure how many of us will check in this weekend as, I'm sure, many of you are out painting the town red and probably misbehaving. Shame on you. (detect undertones of jealousy)

For some of us that like to be shut ins and are behaving (aka: have no plans :grumble: ) here is our thread.:drinker:

Yesterday was a rest day for me so I stuck with only my 400 crunches. I did manage to stay within my calories but did terrible on eating my veggies. Unless, that is, if corn chips count towards that.:embarassed:

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends and remembering that Valentine's Day is right around the corner.

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Good morning Gutters!

Not sure how many of us will check in this weekend as, I'm sure, many of you are out painting the town red and probably misbehaving. Shame on you. (detect undertones of jealousy)

For some of us that like to be shut ins and are behaving (aka: have no plans :grumble: ) here is our thread.:drinker:

Yesterday was a rest day for me so I stuck with only my 400 crunches. I did manage to stay within my calories but did terrible on eating my veggies. Unless, that is, if corn chips count towards that.:embarassed:

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends and remembering that Valentine's Day is right around the corner.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I do believe if it has the word "corn" in it, it is a veggie. Corn bread, corn chips, corn meal...well...that last one might be pushing it too far. :wink:

I did really well yesterday & I think the p-word is finally gone since I'm down 3 days in a row! Woo! I know, I know. I'm a scale addict.

Soupy! I'm a shut-in, too. I had to take the dog to the vet to get his stitches out. Hour drive each way b/c of the snow...and it just keeps getting worse. My 28yo child keeps saying, "Let's go sledding!" NO! :grumble: Wish me luck. Perhaps I should look at it as a good calorie burner?:huh:

(LOVE the new ticker pic...even if it isn't of Tom Brady. LOL)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :smile:

It was -8 when I went for the morning walk through the fields and woods.
    I want spring.:sad:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    YUCK! -8?! *shudder* At least it is a "balmy" 23 here.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I do believe if it has the word "corn" in it, it is a veggie. Corn bread, corn chips, corn meal...well...that last one might be pushing it too far. :wink:

I did really well yesterday & I think the p-word is finally gone since I'm down 3 days in a row! Woo! I know, I know. I'm a scale addict.

Soupy! I'm a shut-in, too. I had to take the dog to the vet to get his stitches out. Hour drive each way b/c of the snow...and it just keeps getting worse. My 28yo child keeps saying, "Let's go sledding!" NO! :grumble: Wish me luck. Perhaps I should look at it as a good calorie burner?:huh:

Great minds think alike girl!:laugh: Tonight I will be making corn chip stir fry.:drinker:

Great job on kicking the "P" words *kitten*!!! You rock out loud!!:drinker:

Are you really getting that much snow? Yikes! We haven't had anything but a 1/2" accumulation all year so far. I kinda wish we'd get a little. We keep getting stupid ice storms though.:angry: I'm a shut in by choice.:bigsmile:

How's your dog doing?

You will go sledding, missy, and you will like it.:smokin:

Thanks....this pic on my ticker is much easier on the eyes than ole shady Brady. {snicker}
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Good morning! :smile:

It was -8 when I went for the morning walk through the fields and woods.
    I want spring.:sad:

Good morning Carl! Man that is cold!!! BRRRRRR!!!

I want spring too!!!!:sad: :sad:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Great minds think alike girl!:laugh: Tonight I will be making corn chip stir fry.:drinker:

Are you really getting that much snow? Yikes! We haven't had anything but a 1/2" accumulation all year so far. I kinda wish we'd get a little. We keep getting stupid ice storms though.:angry: I'm a shut in by choice.:bigsmile:

How's your dog doing?

Thanks....this pic on my ticker is much easier on the eyes than ole shady Brady. {snicker}

I'm doing chili for dinner. Just getting it in the crockpot now! Woo!

We got a dumped on yesterday & last night & it is still coming down. Another 4-6" today, then the wind is going to start & make it all drift. The beauty of living near the lake. :sick: I am glad it isn't ice, though! We had that last Sunday & I tried to go to church anyways. We ended up turning around about half way there b/c it was so bad. Oh, well. Ya live, ya learn.

Oh! the dog! He's doing fine. Got all his staples out today. I think they said it was something like 30 staples. The poor guy had a HUGE incision. Waiting on his basket muzzle to be delivered so we don't have to worry about this happening any more. Did I tell you last time that it was a pair of 3T/4T Bob the Builder underwear? Stupid dog.:grumble: They had to take so much intestine out last time that HAD to be the last time. Next time, he has no options left. :frown: Thanks for asking!

One good thing about sledding, though...my snowpants fit again! LOL I haven't fit in those in about 7 years! Go me! :bigsmile: I'll take pics of the snow so you can pretend to have some, too. :flowerforyou:
  • anembellishment
    Options
    Hey Carl I want spring too.!.. it's getting closer even if it's just in my head ~Minneapolis is 0 degrees and the weathercast keeps saying that is warm for next week the temperaure will join you in below 0 double digits. I keep teling my hubby that though I was a southen bell in a former life and we need to move.! Now!.
    ~hence the photo on my ticker.

Sorry for mising the check-in yesterday, I had a job interview. I've been writing/editing from home for the last 12 years and it's hard to be taken seriously when you want to return to the office after that long, even when economic times are good.

My daughter had her 13th BD slumber party last night with a small group of girls. I told off the cake I made for her, the root beer floats and the pizza (I did pick off a mushroom or two ~, but didn't go any further) and had a glass of wine instead, so the calories stayed in line.

I weighed in a day early because my son has a basketball tourny and we'll be hoteling it tonight. Weight up .2, and I know the diet's been good, so time to get serious with workouts and making sure I drink all that water, which I so far never do!

Nice to see you all I'll try to check in late Sunday.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all.

I so much want to lose the poundage by Valentines Day. I really hate week-ends I tend to eat more. I also like to have my adult beverages. I really never exercise during the week-ends but I am going to attempt to squeeze it into my life. So I will go to the gym a little later on this morning.

My husband made me an egg omelet with cheese and onions plus bought me a med. Dunkin Donut coffee with cream. He is such a sweet heart. I enjoyed every bite. But, that is the reason I have to fit in exercise during the week-ends. I never eat like this during the work week. O well.

The scale reads I lost 2lbs. but usually by Monday when I log it in I will probably gain it back. I hope working out during the week-ends will break the chain.

Just had to rant. Don't usually, but I am starting to crawl out of my cyber shell.

Anyone out there have this problem???

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy

O ya, I WANT SPRING NOW!!!!!
  • SoupNazi
    Options

How's your dog doing?

I'm doing chili for dinner. Just getting it in the crockpot now! Woo!

We got a dumped on yesterday & last night & it is still coming down. Another 4-6" today, then the wind is going to start & make it all drift. The beauty of living near the lake. :sick: I am glad it isn't ice, though! We had that last Sunday & I tried to go to church anyways. We ended up turning around about half way there b/c it was so bad. Oh, well. Ya live, ya learn.

Oh! the dog! He's doing fine. Got all his staples out today. I think they said it was something like 30 staples. The poor guy had a HUGE incision. Waiting on his basket muzzle to be delivered so we don't have to worry about this happening any more. Did I tell you last time that it was a pair of 3T/4T Bob the Builder underwear? Stupid dog.:grumble: They had to take so much intestine out last time that HAD to be the last time. Next time, he has no options left. :frown: Thanks for asking!

One good thing about sledding, though...my snowpants fit again! LOL I haven't fit in those in about 7 years! Go me! :bigsmile: I'll take pics of the snow so you can pretend to have some, too. :flowerforyou:

Silly dog. Doesn't he know that Monsters Inc undies taste so much better? Not one with a discriminating palate huh?:smokin:

I'm glad he's doing better.:happy:

I'm guessing that since we are in neighboring states, the snow won't be too far behind, huh? I'll take one week of snow and then it can all go away and be warm and sunshiny again.
  • anembellishment
    Options
    Yea for you 3babybeans! Snowpants! I haven't seen mine for about the same amount of time, but by Feb. 14, there will still be snow here! Heck, since it's likely there will still be snow here at Easter time, I intend to have those snowpants so loose that they need to go to Goodwill!

I didn't know about your puppy, but hope he's over the worst. Dogs are like babies!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Hey Carl I want spring too.!.. it's getting closer even if it's just in my head ~Minneapolis is 0 degrees and the weathercast keeps saying that is warm for next week the temperaure will join you in below 0 double digits. I keep teling my hubby that though I was a southen bell in a former life and we need to move.! Now!.
    ~hence the photo on my ticker.

Sorry for mising the check-in yesterday, I had a job interview. I've been writing/editing from home for the last 12 years and it's hard to be taken seriously when you want to return to the office after that long, even when economic times are good.

My daughter had her 13th BD slumber party last night with a small group of girls. I told off the cake I made for her, the root beer floats and the pizza (I did pick off a mushroom or two ~, but didn't go any further) and had a glass of wine instead, so the calories stayed in line.

I weighed in a day early because my son has a basketball tourny and we'll be hoteling it tonight. Weight up .2, and I know the diet's been good, so time to get serious with workouts and making sure I drink all that water, which I so far never do!

Nice to see you all I'll try to check in late Sunday.

Sounds like you did really well yesterday! Great job!
    I hope you didn't hurt the poor cakes feelings, you big meanie.:laugh:

Good luck with your job search. I bet you did wonderful on your interview yesterday.:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Good Morning all.

I so much want to lose the poundage by Valentines Day. I really hate week-ends I tend to eat more. I also like to have my adult beverages. I really never exercise during the week-ends but I am going to attempt to squeeze it into my life. So I will go to the gym a little later on this morning.

My husband made me an egg omelet with cheese and onions plus bought me a med. Dunkin Donut coffee with cream. He is such a sweet heart. I enjoyed every bite. But, that is the reason I have to fit in exercise during the week-ends. I never eat like this during the work week. O well.

The scale reads I lost 2lbs. but usually by Monday when I log it in I will probably gain it back. I hope working out during the week-ends will break the chain.

Just had to rant. Don't usually, but I am starting to crawl out of my ciber shell.

44118.png

Kathy

We ALL have this problem...LOL...and I'm not sure why that is! The weekends can really throw us for a loop, but that's when we need to dig in our heels and really get through it. Great job on the 2 lb loss and you are gonna KEEP that 2 lb loss by being very good this weekend. Right????
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Just noticed this thread! I guess I need to join in on the fun!

Well, yesterday was a good day. Kept within my calories. Went to the gym and did 45min on the eliptical. Today I am heading to Weight Watchers here soon and then another 45 on the eliptical. It is hard to go to the gym right now because it is so dang crowded with all the "new years resolvers"!

Nothing special happening here this weekend. Just a bunch of cleaning and hopefully trips to the Goodwill to get rid of things! We will see how that works out.

Ok....Gotta go now! Have a great day!
    Amy:heart:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all.

Just had to rant. Don't usually, but I am starting to crawl out of my cyber shell.

44118.png

Kathy

We ALL have this problem...LOL...and I'm not sure why that is! The weekends can really throw us for a loop, but that's when we need to dig in our heels and really get through it. Great job on the 2 lb loss and you are gonna KEEP that 2 lb loss by being very good this weekend. Right????

O yes, I am going to the gym to burn my calories I never go during the week-end. Time to start.

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Going to the gym now. I will let ya know how I did. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kathy
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Saturday Smiles to Everyone!:flowerforyou:

Soupy....yes this ice SUCKS!!!

3babybeans...good luck with the snow, and yes, GO sledding and have FUN!

Carl...We are all with ya in wanting Spring to get here...SOON!!!

And to everyone else...great job on successes and keep on track over the weekend!

So far, so good for me today...had a healthy breakfast and then went to step aerobics. My goal is to continue making wise food choices, stay within my calories, drink my water, and do some strength later.

Have a great one!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options

Go sledding...so much fun! We are taking the kiddos tomorrow:smile:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all.

44118.png

Kathy

I'm right there with you! But I've decided to break that this weekend so as soon as my healthy breakfast digests a bit I plan to do my 12 minute cardio warm-up, 45 minutes of pilates and then 35 minutes of yoga. I'm playing darts later with a friend (there will probably be adult beverages involved) and then later tonight I'm doing an hour of cardio on the treadmill.

I look at it this way, I certainly don't have that kind of time during the week to spend on exercise so if I do it on the weekend it makes those weekend splurges okay. 800 calories burned in exerices more then makes up for a couple of glasses of wine.

And I don't know where you all are from but I'm happy to say it should get to the upper 50's today and the sun is out already!

Good luck and have fun this weeekend Gutters!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hello all...I would normally be painting the town red :bigsmile: :devil: BUT I have to work until 2:30 today :grumble: Sooooooooo at least I can check in....although...not sure if I want to admit it......but I went over on my calories by 500 yesterday embarrassed.gif And I didn't work out embarrassed.gif I DID drink my water though :bigsmile: :embarassed: That's ok though....it just means it was a maintain day. I didn't go over enough to gain. And today, I woke up, did my 90 minute Ultimate TaeBo work out (burned 800 calories :drinker: ), walked the dog one mile, got in the shower and came to work. I've already drank most my water...I may go over on water. BUT I still have ALOT of calories to eat (1600 according to MFP....but I think I'll eat 1400 of them....make up for last night a little...and also the day before I was under 220...so in reality I had a -420 for the week which means yesterday was only 80 cals over for the week :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin: :glasses: Sooooooooo........all around I think I did well) :bigsmile:

K gotta get back to work...the children are restless today :mad: I won't get on that.......I'd write a book...BTW...I refer to my drivers in my fleet as children....because that's what they act like most the time whistling.gif

snickeringg.gif
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon...did good yesterday! Got in all my water...stayed w/in my calories (even eating out)...did 40 minutes of BL Cardio Max, 20 minutes of pilates, and 200 crunches.

Today we have my nephew's b-day party and I'm going to the bar later...I know I will be over at the end of the day calorie wise (a first since starting), but I'm going to do my best to make wise choices. I've spent the morning helping decorate the hall for said party (and cooking) so no time for exercise today. Party is shortly...need to go finish getting ready. Have a great afternoon!