why dieters need to adjust their expectations

Options
2»

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Well to be fair there's this, but it's a bit dismissive:
    Adding in extra exercise will also have an impact.
  • luvlite2
    Options
    Well, I will never adjust my expectations regardless of what people write..Or what "STUDIES" may show. We must do what works for our bodies. No one can tell you what that is. I don't care how many folks they tried this and that on. And, I must say that everyone is not going to lose at the same rate and it may be harder for some than it is for others. I lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks. That's because I worked my *kitten* off and changed a lot of what I was eating (most of which I shouldn't have been eating in the first place). To say that it's not normal or grossly abnormal to lose more than 1lb a week is crazy. I don't expect to see 100lb fall of in 2 months but I sure in hell expect to be close to it in a year. And my expectations are what they are! Oh well to those who choose to lower them because of an article or because "whoever" only lost 30 in a year. You will be a product of hard work and perserverance. Just my thought..Good day
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I'm confused...what's the 10 cals per lb? BMR? If I weigh 100lbs (I don't!) should I be on 1000cals? Or is that to lose..?

What they are saying is that the calculation is if you reduce your calories by 10 a day then in a year you will lose 1lb, therefore reducing by 250 calories a day should show a loss of 25lb in a year.

Doh! Thanks :tongue: