Challenges for October anyone?

Options
Does anyone know of any OPEN and not too crazy challenges for October? Every challenge I see is half way through and is *closed group*.
Feel kinda left out and would like to do something as a group (*open*) for October. My first goal is to have lost a stone by end of Oct (5-6 to go!!) so any challenges that can motivate me this coming month to reaching that goal (and some) would be really cool!

Replies

• Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, Sassy! I'd like to do -something- in October too :) Don't know what though, I'm not good at deciding ! hee!
  • Rachy80
    Options
    I'm waiting for my Jullian Michaels DVD...30 Day Shread to arrrive. Hopefully this arrives before October and would be keen to have some motivated people to take on this challenge with me :)
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely be interested in doing an october shred type thing or just a general loss in october challenge since I'm not in any challenges yet.

I wouldn't wan't to be in charge of any challenges though!!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    HEY ! its 8 weeks until my wedding so I am definetly up for a October Challenge ! count me in !
  • Nikki582
    Options
    I'd love to the the 30DS but I'm waiting for a couple more weeks as I'll be on camp in between (I work for a school, go school camps!) so I'd rather be able to start and see it daily, all the way through!
  • espie1024
    Options
    yes would love to join u.keep me posted.want to be size 8 again.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    How about something like at least 1 hour of "proper" exercise every day (with one day of rest?).

And then cut something that from your diet for just October, which is your biggest weakness i.e. chocolate, biscuits etc.?!

Just a suggestion...
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    OK well I have to go to work, so count me in whatever you decide and I'll check back later and see if we have a group yet lol!!:drinker:
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I don't want to make this a challenge that excludes anyone and we all have different levels of activity and ability so how about starting 1st October we all come back and and state what our workout is, how many calories you have burned, and each day you have to burn more than you did the day before? Even if it's just by one calorie? Then if someone starts at 100 a day and someone else is starting at 1000 it's not unattainable to anyone?

So your post will look like this =

Workout type:

Calories Burned:

+ (since yesterday):

Also that first day we can add our weight and update it as often or as little as possible but at the end we all have to know how much you have lost?

We keep this post open and starting next Saturday we can all fill in!

Let me know your thoughts??? Just an idea.
  • SlimSadieG
    Options
    I don't want to make this a challenge that excludes anyone and we all have different levels of activity and ability so how about starting 1st October we all come back and and state what our workout is, how many calories you have burned, and each day you have to burn more than you did the day before? Even if it's just by one calorie? Then if someone starts at 100 a day and someone else is starting at 1000 it's not unattainable to anyone?

So your post will look like this =

Workout type:

Calories Burned:

+ (since yesterday):

Also that first day we can add our weight and update it as often or as little as possible but at the end we all have to know how much you have lost?

We keep this post open and starting next Saturday we can all fill in!

Let me know your thoughts??? Just an idea.

Sounds good to me!
  • Nikki582
    Options
    I like it! :D
  • SlimSadieG
    Options
    Maybe we could add each other as friends for added encouragement?

Requests on the way!
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1. Burn 6500cals (or more) in Oct. That is 200cals/day.
    2. Drink at least 8oz of water/day.
    3. Reach one NSV (non-scale victory) for each week or for the month.
    4. Do 25 sit ups & 25 push ups a day & 25 squats....
    5. Mini challenges for each week. (i.e. maybe #4 could be a mini challenge., lower carbs/sodium for the week, no junk food one week, etc.)
    6. Weigh in each Monday. That way you will not over indulge during the weekend.

Just some ideas.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    I would like to be in it too!!! Looks like it would be Oooctober.....

Open to everyOne
    burn One extra calorie per day
    Out candy

Ha!!!
  • AH2013
    Options
    How about I start a new thread now called The October Challenge and everyone that wants to join in to this particular challenge that I suggested earlier is more than welcome to join us?? If anyone wants to do spin off challenges that's fine too.

Yaay! At least there will be a few of us :)

Add me as a friend and then you can find it easy! x
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    hey!!! yay loving all these ideas... the one mentioned about burning more calories everyday even if it is just by one is great and challenging ! as i often get stuck in a rut of doing the same exercise and burning the same cals.. but this means we get a rest day or 2 aswell or not ? i usually try to take at least one rest day ! I also like the idea of giving up one of my treats/weaknesses for one month too... not to decided what that will be !
  • Rachy80
    Options
    Yes, I'm up for the challenge....count me in :)
  • SlimSadieG
    Options

Open to everyOne
    Out candy

Ha!!!

Love it...
  • AH2013
    Options

Open to everyOne
    Out candy

Ha!!!

Awesome, loving everyone's enthusiasm for this. Also doing this will beat any plateaus if there is a change each day, double bonus!!! :)