Stronger Better Faster...Jan 10th

Options
Happy Saturday!

I hope everyone has a great workout planned for the day. Yesterday, I biked to the store and walked 4 miles. Today, I'm off to husband's gym - yeah cybex!

I'm off to South Texas tomorrow, but I'll be back Monday - hopefully in time for yoga.

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

I hope everyone has a great workout planned for the day. Yesterday, I biked to the store and walked 4 miles. Today, I'm off to husband's gym - yeah cybex!

I'm off to South Texas tomorrow, but I'll be back Monday - hopefully in time for yoga.

Mary
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    smiley8.gif
    ever notice how you start planning your day around when you can exercise, not your exercise around your day?
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Just popped in to say hi and see how everyone is doing. Just getting ready to go snowshoeing before I have to drive the middle school to their basketball game today. Trying to get a little in everyday.

todays goals:

all my waters
    snowshoeing
    staying in my calories
    no chocolate( should be easy they are all gone now lol)
    maybe some treadmill tonight

Have a nice weekend girls.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
    Karen-hang in there, good news or not, you will pull through. I can't remember if I shared about my FIL- he had surgery to remove the tumor in Dec and the biopsy showed EVERY cancer cell was dead! The portion in the liver is inoperable, but they are hopeful they put it in remission. Better than the 6 months-2 year window!!! Still saying prayers for you both! :flowerforyou:

CP- you'll do fine. Like they told me, they won't schedule your defense unless your're ready. Otherwise it would be a waste of their time. If you have a date, you're ready! I know it's surreal after all the time & effort you put into it, but you're there!!! :drinker:

I have been battling a chest cold and sleeping a lot to combat it. Put in a few good days this week, then took last two off. If I get in today & tomorrow, then I'll be 1 day off for the week. Not too bad. Calories haven't been on track, but exercise is biggest step for me.

Keep it up in all facets of your lives; everyone has so much on their plates!
    Arianne :smile:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to get sick! I'm also challenging myself to 30 days straight of no binging! (Today is day 1 :ohwell: ) Today I'm going to try and get some miles in on the bike!

Goals for the day!
    Calories!
    Water!
    10 miles on the bike!
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang: I got bad news yesterday, but I am trying to keep it in perspective. There are much worse things that could have happend. I was told that my services at my job of 15 years would no longer be needed as of Feb. 20th. I just posted a longer post under "good news, bad news". The good news was that I lost weight. The bad news was it was because I got notice at my job and didn't feel like eating anything last night. :laugh: Anyway, I am going to stay positive, take care of myself, continue to exercise and eat right, and look for good new opportunities. Wish me luck. Words of encouragement would be really helpful, too. :wink:

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    Bobbie - I hope everything works out well. Maybe there is something bigger and better out here (((hugs)))
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Thanks so much Renae. I will keep the faith!
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    I FEEL GOOD!!!!

I just did 10 miles on the bike (45 mins) and a mile and a half on the treadmill (26 mins). That gave me 430 extra calories (none of which are planned for tonight's dinner at a friends house) so I'm not to afraid of going over. And if I do...well the gym is only 5 mins away because there is NO way I'm going to be going over my calories :happy:
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Way to go! Good for you!!! :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Way to go Renae on the bike!
    Bobbie, I am sorry to hear about your job. I will pray for you that God will open up a better door for you!
    Mary, have a good and safe trip!
    I blew today. I don't care. I'll get back on Monday. Maybe even tomorrow. It may not be the right attitude to have but I'm really getting tired of weight loss running my life. I'm tired of being obsessed with it. Anybody else get that way? I may focus on working out next week and focus on food later. I do have a friend that is trying to lose weight also, so we are going to check in with each other everyday. And try to work out together once a week. Maybe that will help me...and her.
    Anyway, we have a prayer meeting to go to tonight if I think Alex is well enough to go. He's kind of losing his voice. :sick: If I knew he wasn't contagious I wouldn't hesitate but I don't want to get everyone else sick. I have to decide about church tomorrow too. Poor baby. He's sick a lot.
    See you all tomorrow.
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    prayers bobbie!

Got in 7 miles on gazelle today in less than 70 minutes. Wooohoo! Better than 10 min/mile! I think I am going to aim for another 10 mile run by Valentine's Day. Seems a reasonalbe amount of time to build mileage and not kill my leg.

Enjoy the evening, see you tomorrow!
    Arianne :happy:
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Thanks so much MM and Arianne. :flowerforyou: I just got back from a dinner out with friends. One works at a university nearby and suggested that I might actually be able to get a professorship! We are talking summers off, spring break, Christmas breaks, all of those breaks that we used to love as kids. If this were to work out, I could be home with my children after school and during the school breaks. Oh my gosh. This is a very exciting possibility. :bigsmile: It would probably be a substantial pay cut, but it would still pay well. Maybe well enough to pull it off. I could teach criminal law or criminal procedure or maybe even constitutional law. I was a criminal justice major in college with a polical science concentration, sort of like a double major. And then, of course, there are my 15 years of practicing law in the DA's office. Could this be the open window? How much of a coincidence is it that I haven't seen these friends in months and we end up having dinner together the night after I find out I will no longer be employed in 6 weeks and they may have the answer to my situation? :huh: I guess I'm getting my hopes up, but it is an interesting and exciting possibility. :smile:

Thanks for all of your support today. I will keep you posted.

:heart:
    Bobbie