REDS - SATURDAY 1-10

Options
Good morning Reds! I didn't see a post for today so I figured I'd start it.
Jennifun said in the goals for the week to do something different and report back.

Even though I'm a native south Floridian, I have never done this before. I got up at 6:00 went to the beach and jogged/walked 45 minutes and watched the sun rise. I had to be there because my son plays football and has a trainer. His trainer has him workout every Saturday morning at the beach. It makes a big difference when you walk the whole time in the sand. Natural resistance!

I hope everyone does something fun and different! Go REDS!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    Good morning Reds! I didn't see a post for today so I figured I'd start it.
    Jennifun said in the goals for the week to do something different and report back.

Even though I'm a native south Floridian, I have never done this before. I got up at 6:00 went to the beach and jogged/walked 45 minutes and watched the sun rise. I had to be there because my son plays football and has a trainer. His trainer has him workout every Saturday morning at the beach. It makes a big difference when you walk the whole time in the sand. Natural resistance!

I hope everyone does something fun and different! Go REDS!:flowerforyou:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good Morning fellow Red team members:drinker:

tamlom--that sounds so awesome to bealbe to walk on the beach in the morning and watch the sun rise.

I don't know how I am going to beable to get a workout in today, the weather isn't good outside and having all 6 kids inside in a small house doesn't leave a lot of room, maybe I can get them to all go upstairs for about an hour so I can get a workout done.

Hope everyone has a great day:flowerforyou:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wish i lived near a beach! Lucky!

I'll go to the gym again togay for my 3rd 45 min workout. I have yet to do the weights...so i'll try and do that today too.

I dunno what my something new will be, but i'll figure it out!

Have a great week everyone!
  • tamlom
    Options
    I'll trade you the beach for the kids:laugh: Three of my four are grown and out of the house. I only have one 15 year old left. It's too quiet without them!
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I'll trade you the beach for the kids:laugh: Three of my four are grown and out of the house. I only have one 15 year old left. It's too quiet without them!

Right now as is I would love to ship a couple of them out of the house for a little bit so I could get some stuff done.:happy: It seems like as soon as I start cleaning the mess everything up right behind me so my cleaning goes unnoticed so lately I haven't even been cleaning :blushing:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

Did my third 30 minute workout (of 5) - swam for 40 minutes, doing 60 lengths (1500m). I need to do another set of 100 sit-ups and get on with it soon as it is 6 pm here - that will be my second lot (and was also my something new!) My weigh-in is Mon so getting nervous, Sun is m rest day exercise wise but am toying with one last go on the lateral thigh trainer, just in case it makes a difference :wink: Am still at or under every day on the cals and my jeans are feeling looser, so fingers tightly crossed I will see a diiference :bigsmile:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of tamlom! What a way to start the day!

I'm off to the gym to do boot camp for an hour with my husband! Our gym brings together 6 personal trainers and sets up 6 stations. You have to do each station for 2 minutes before the next station. You go around the loop 3 times, and the exercises are different during each round. It is very intense and difficult. But a lot of fun.

Happy Saturday!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey Red Team!

I slept in today. Aparently my body needed it cuz I feel great this morning and the soreness from yesterdays weights/walk at the gym is gone. :laugh: yay!

Here is my workout for today: I joined a urban hiking group about a month ago through meetup.com, so today I am headed out to hike with them. There are about 73 people going! Its a 5 mile walk/hike through one of Portlands largest parks. Mostly flat dirt trail with one switchback rising to 1000ft. The weather isnt particularly great but at least its not snowing or really pouring wet out there. Nothing Im not used to living in this region. I got some new hiking/walking shoes that are so comfy. Ive been getting used to them slowly over the last couple weeks so they are finally ready for a longer walk.

When I added in the workout it pretty much whiped out all of the calories I had planned to eat today so now Im trying to add MORE to lunch which is not gonna be an easy task for me! I'll have to stop at the store and get some stuff. I was shocked at how many calories, but thinking back -- no wonder I was so thin when I hiked all the time and didnt change my diet :laugh: :laugh:

Have a wonderful day! I'll check back in later :drinker:

PS. Dont forget your water today!!!
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    I'm so jealous of tamlom! What a way to start the day!

I'm off to the gym to do boot camp for an hour with my husband! Our gym brings together 6 personal trainers and sets up 6 stations. You have to do each station for 2 minutes before the next station. You go around the loop 3 times, and the exercises are different during each round. It is very intense and difficult. But a lot of fun.

Happy Saturday!

We have a boot camp class starting at the YMCA that I"ve been considering. How do you like it? I'm afraid I'd be such a wimp but think I may sign up anyway!

I'm off to the gym today as well and looking forward to it. I NEED to get my water in though. It is so easy for me to put off filling 1 silly glass of water and drinking it. I think I'll sign off and get one right now!

GO RED'S!!!
  • tamlom
    Options
    Hicking sound great! There is no where to Hick down here! Keep up the good work!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Having a great day. Did my 60 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes of intense weights and an invigorating trek on my shoes for 40 minutes. It was chilly snowshoeing but it sure gets your heart rate up.

Since we are suppose to be trying some new exercise that we haven't done in awhile I purchased a skipping rope and I did some skipping. How's that for a blast from the past? Have to be careful not to aggrevate my knees but it was a lot of fun:smile: Anything to burn those calories right?

I am just finishing up with my water intake so here's to all my fellow RED TEAM:drinker: :drinker:

Keep up the great work everyone:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey reds!!

I just got home from my 2.5 hour, 5.5 mile hike and I feel ok, which is pretty amazing considering how HARD the first 2 miles of it were. I was pretty much left behind with 1 other hiker out of a group of 30 because I had a hard time climbing the hills just to get to the trail head and had to stop to rest once in a while. I kept on going tho and once I made it to the TOP and we started going downhill, I was great and actually began to enjoy myself!! :laugh: :love:

I wasnt expecting so many hills because the description of the hike said there werent many. In fact..after the first 15 mintues of going up I asked if it was all hill work (as i was clutching my side and removing my clothes cuz I was way too warm..:laugh: ) and they kept saying "oh, its not bad, its downhill after this little bend..." :noway: :noway: :grumble: :laugh: I woulda rather her say "about half is up and half is down" cuz that was more realistic and I woulda known what to expect, but every time we turned a corner... there.. looming in front of me was another HILL! :angry: :sad: (this went on for 2 miles!)

Anyway... like I said...I pushed through it, got to the top, then started back down which was 3 miles of rocks and mud and I almost fell on my *kitten* a couple times but HEY i wasnt going uphill so I was ALL :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Even those downhills work your thighs and by the time I got back to the car my legs felt like rubber..:laugh: So I stretched for a little bit, had a snack....and sat for a bit before I drove home.

This was my something new that I havent done in a VERY long time... at least 7 years, and it feels INCREDIBLE that I could get out and do it, make it the whole way and not be dying at the end. :)

PS.. I drank 2 bottles of water on the trail... 2 more to go today :wink:
  • Renea101
    Options
    Hey REDs!! Awesome day for everyone.

I walked 2 miles today and drank my water. My new thing this week was actually a new low calorie recipe that I wanted to try, I am experimenting with my food since I love food so much. With MFP I have realized how much I was taking in and am finally on a routine with 1200 calories a day. I have done well staying under except for last night. My friend's birthday and had some cake....:cry:

Anyway the new recipe is a spinach and arichoke dip that is only 60 calories a serving, 2 tablespoons and it tastes great!

Here it is:

1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, finely chopped 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained 3/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese 3/4 cup KRAFT Light Mayo Reduced Fat Mayonnaise 1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Mix all ingredients and bake for 20 minutes at 350 in the oven. Eat it with the low fat crackers or my favorite Keebler wheat crackers.

There you go, enjoy!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I did my walk today. I couldnt run because it was snowing at the time. Im too nervous I will fall. I did go to kohls and get new running shoes as a motivator to keep this up! They feel great and I cant wait to hit the pavement with them tomorrow. I also bought something for my run but I have a pic to share so prob be posted tomorrow!
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    Hey REDs!! Awesome day for everyone.

I walked 2 miles today and drank my water. My new thing this week was actually a new low calorie recipe that I wanted to try, I am experimenting with my food since I love food so much. With MFP I have realized how much I was taking in and am finally on a routine with 1200 calories a day. I have done well staying under except for last night. My friend's birthday and had some cake....:cry:

Anyway the new recipe is a spinach and arichoke dip that is only 60 calories a serving, 2 tablespoons and it tastes great!

Here it is:

1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, finely chopped 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained 3/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese 3/4 cup KRAFT Light Mayo Reduced Fat Mayonnaise 1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Mix all ingredients and bake for 20 minutes at 350 in the oven. Eat it with the low fat crackers or my favorite Keebler wheat crackers.

There you go, enjoy!

Thanks for the recipe! I just returned from the gym and feel great! It sounds like everyone is sticking with the challenges. I have had only 3 glasses of water but plan to have more by the end of the night.

Have a great night everyone!
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi, fellow Reddies! Well, I didn't do my 45 minute cardio last night as I was just too tired:yawn: But, I did do my walk/run today with 3 other ladies. I walked 1 3/4 miles then ran 1 3/4 miles. It felt really good to be out early in the morning running around the lake (really just a pond right now:laugh: ).

After my walk/run my DH and I had an appointment with a cabinet maker as we are remodeling our house. We then decided to go window shopping for countertops, floor, etc. We were out all day and on our way home we stopped at a place called Logan's Roadhouse for dinner. DH wanted to go there because they serve you peanuts and you can actually throw the shells on the floor! Now, I'm not one to just go around throwing things on the floor so this was kind of hard for me to grasp, but I tried it. Lo and behold, it was quite liberating:smile: So, I'm going to count throwing peanut shells on the floor as my new and exciting thing this week.

I don't usually have a problem drinking all my water so suffice it to say I made it today. What I need to really work on are the strength training portions of the challenges. We have to do 2 per week, right? Does the week for us run Wed. to Tue. or what?

Hope everyone had a good day!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Well so far I have completed my 5 days of 30 min each of cardio a first for me in a very long time about a year. I have hit my water goal by about 10 am each day, and I still have to get to the new thing. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow morning and check out one of the nature parks up the road from me. I have reached my calories for 2 days now at least the basic calories. Mine are 2400 so it is difficult to eat the workout calories but I'll work on it if I see I am stalling or feeling worn out. Right now I feel fantastic and full of energy! Can't wait until Tuesday to weigh in at TOPS. Hope I've lost something. I am kind of nervous. I have never eaten this many calories on a diet before. I must be eating well though because I got in 55 grams of fiber today. :noway:
    Amy
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    AMY! That is so awesome! Great job!
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    I have had two weeks of at least 30 min. cardio and some wt training at about 4x/week. However, I'm eating too much and the wrong things again. I need to slow things down again and pay more attention to my goals!

Sounds like everyone else is really doing a great job!