Breakfast ideas needed

Options
Hi all!

Starting my mission to loose weight again today! I really struggle to find food for beakfast that will fill me up until lunch! Please help! I currently have bran flakes and skimmed milk and it keeps me filled for about 5 mins!

I just feel I am wasting calories on food as I am still hungry and end up eating something else (usually naughty things).

Charlotte!

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    EGGS!!!!!

This morning I had mushrooms, onions, and turkey sausage cooked together put on top of 2 scrambled eggs with a bit of 2% cheese on top. YUUUMMMMMM!!!

Basically, you need protein for breakfast.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Eggs or oatmeal. Also, try adding some fruit for even more fill-you-up-fiber.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    2 slices of toast and marmite. Don't expect breakfast to fill you up until lunch, so pack a couple of apples to see you through
  • Live4HerSmile
    Options
    You def need some protein! Eggs/egg whites, you can eat them so many different ways!! Yogurt is a quick choice, but read the labels, some yogurts are LOADED with sugar! Chicken, if you've got time.
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yeah, i find that any cereal other than KASHI go lean protein cereal or any type of ezekial cereal just leaves me wanting more.. so either try one of those cereals, or i like to have waffles (vans 8-whole grain waffles... they have some added fiber and protein) with banana and a TBSP of walnuts... or eggs. Or sometimes if i can't sit down to eat i take low carb toast or a low carb wrap and put some cheese and turkey or chicken and put it on the grill pan and take it to go.... its really good =)
  • jonesdy
    Options
    Egg whites and meats and veggies!!! I also eat low-fat wheat bread and I'm usually good to go!!!

Good luck!!
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    Oatmeal seems to hold me longer than anything else I have tried so far!!!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    A couple of eggs and a yogurt should help you stay feeling fuller longer. I normally eat a lender's bagel with smart balance margarine and a yogurt. But I also HAVE to have a mid morning snack. I can't make it 4 1/2 hours until lunch. I don't need an afternoon snack, just a morning one. And it doesn't matter what I eat for breakfast (that's within my alloted breakfast calories), I'm hungry by 10 AM. So I eat some fruit then and that will hold me over until lunch.
  • tinamarie204
    Options
    Have you thought about adjusting your meal plan to 5 or 6 small meals, instead of 3? That way you are eating every 3 hours or so, rather than eating breakfast, then waiting 5 or 6 hours til lunch? You might find you have alot more low calorie options. I found this works for me - I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast, then my mid morning snack (around 10am, when i start getting hungry again) is another small meal (fruit and veggies, something like that), then lunch, my PM snack, dinner, etc.... Plan it so you are still getting your recommended calories a day. But because I am constantly eating, I am never really hungry and it pretty much put a stop to my binge eating.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and flax seed are both very filling. The Fiber One cereals are fantastic!! I would recommend incorporating a mid-morning snack though if you just can't make it to lunchtime. Your body is feeling hungry for a reason and you shouldn't ignore it.
  • kirsty0911
    kirsty0911 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This morning I had muesli and on top I put 1/4 ruby grapefruit, 1 chopped kiwi fruit and 1 chopped plum! along with semi skimmed milk. It was yummy, gets my fruit (fibre) in and it fills me up
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I fry up 3-4 oz of skirt steak along with 3 eggs, and I'm good for hours. Takes about 4 minutes.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Eggs cooked in butter may be a good choice for you, if the fat content fits in your macros. The combo of protein and fat always keeps me feeling full.
  • jsfurlo0208
    Options
    Oatmeal is working for me! Then for a snack I will have a yocruch parfait! Yummy!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    every morning i eat 3/4 cup of liquid egg whites, mixed with onion, green pepper, mushroom and topped with salsa. sometimes i add a light cheese wedge. It is a huge plate of food for only about 175 calories and it keeps me full until about 11 when i have a snack. (i eat lunch at 2 due to my work schedule) i have learned i can not have carbs for breakfeast. i used to eat toast with my eggs but i would get hungry in like 10min. so i eliminated the toast added more egg whites and now i am fine!!!! this breakfast has alot of protein and some fiber which will keep you full longer!!!
  • brooklyn_87
    brooklyn_87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kashi is the only cereal I've found to fill me up - I pair it with a banana and most days don't notice hunger until lunch. I do usually bring some fruit to work though just in case so I don't have any need to find something unhealthy.
  • rocket1054
    rocket1054 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every morning I eat one egg fried or scrambled on a piece of diet wheat toast (weight watchers bread) with one cup of fruit (either an apple or mellon) and 4oz skim milk. Take supplements and you'll be surprised how full you are.

If you need a snack eat and apple.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    )ld fashioned rolled oats fill you up better and longer than quick oats---the are not as refined, and have a better texture in the mouth. My favorite bkfast right now is 3 TBSP rolled oats in 1 cup of water. Boil for 5 min, stirring so that oats don't stick to bottom of the pan. Add 1 cup defrosted wild blueberries when porridge is thickened. Stir until thawed, and eat with 3 TBsp no fat Greek yoghurt. I drink 1 cup of coffee blended with 1 cup of skim milk (cafe latte). And that keeps me going all day!

An alternative, nutty flavored Red River Cereal, again 3 Tbsp to 1 cup of water. 1 Tbsp of raisins added. Boil for 5 min, stirring. When thick eat with 3 Tbsp yoghurt. The great thing about Red River Cereal is that it is made with flax seeds (as well as other grains) and is good at preventing breast cancer. This also sets you up not to be hungry for the rest of the day.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt parfait:

Trader Joe's - Trek Mix Granola Cereal, Nut & Berry Blend, 0.25 cup
    Generic - Ground Organic Flax Seed, 1 tbs [mixed with granola cereal
    Blueberries - Fresh, 1/2 cup
    Trader Joe's - Greek Style Nonfat Plain Yogurt, 0.75 cup
    Trader Joe's - Organic Strawberries, 4 medium
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I make 1/2 C oatmeal in the microwave, then I mix in 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder and 1/3 - 1/2 cup of blueberries. I ALSO eat a mid-morning snack - typically a Chobani Greek Yogurt and a piece of fruit (I've been eating peaches & nectarines while they're still in season!).

I highly recommend what others have said already - don't expect breakfast to hold you until lunch! Eat a mid-morning snack to get you through.