Ripped in 30 vs. Shred30?

Options
What's your opinion? I am on W1 D2 of Ripped in 30 but I notice many of the threads focus on the Shred. Are the results better in the Shred? I have really bad knees...so, I am worried with Jillian, the further I go with it...the more jumping involved. I know my limits though. Just wondered why so many threads on the Shred.....

Replies

• smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have only done 30 day Shred (but considering doing Ripped in 30 after I finish Shred), but I will say there is A LOT of jumping and pressure on your knees. I don't normally have knee problems and it is difficult for me some days, but a tremendous workout. The higher the level the harder it will be for you.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I can only give my personal opinion. I think once one gets popular, it snowballs, so for me, I saw lots of threads of shred, investigate and then bought that. I didn't research ripped at all. From what I've seen on the forums, I'd expect it to be a step up from shred, but I have no evidence to back that up!
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is just newer, that's all. Shred has been around longer.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Alot of people do shred first since Ripped is a step up! Both have alot of jumping involved tho..i just finished shred last tues and lost 6lbs and a ton of inches..my profile pic is a pic i took the day i finished shred..when i first started the beg. of aug i had a "pooch" as i call it from my 3 lovely kids! Both are awesome workouts..im started level 2 of Ripped today.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is a bit easier than Ripped in 30. There are some moves the same, but she bumps it up a notch or two in Ri30. Just be careful with you knees, maybe do half lunges to start. Both workouts are fantastic!

I did the Shred first, then a few days rest and then moved on to Ri30. Now I am doing Jillian's Slim Down. The Slim Down is a combination of the Shred, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Then I am moving onto Killer Buns and Thighs along with 6 Week/6Pack.

Have fun with whichever workout you choose.
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm curious too!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is just newer, that's all. Shred has been around longer.

^^^ This. Ripped in 30 is only about 6-8 months old i believe, the shred has been around for a few years. They are very similar and should have similar results.
  • amguyberson
    amguyberson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 Day Shred and i find it isn't too bad on the knees. There are however a lot of lunges and squats but if you do the modified versions it should be much easier on your knee. Jillians mentions a lot in 30DS that the range of motion and amount of weight is how to make the movements more intense if your knees can't handle certain moves just modify them no shame in it! :)

Good Luck!! :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    if you know anything about jillian you know she demands cardio and strength training. She is a fiend with the jumping jacks and I blew out a knee doing the shred.
    However, my knee is better now. What I did was just do modifications on the jumping stuff- do step touch or something else (I do step touch with arm circles cause my arms are TERRIBLE)
    IF I had the foresight to wear a knee brace before starting it, I might not have hurt my knee at all so that's my advice. Just wear good knee braces and take it slow. I am still shredding, I just wear knee braces (on both knees) now and ice them after.
    All the info I am getting says the best thing for stiff or painful joints is EXERCISE
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've done both. 30 DS is much better to start with if you are not already in good shape. Level 1 of Ripped was a little easy for me since I did it immediately after the shred. However, levels 3 and 4 of Ripped are really hard! Much harder than anything in the shred. I couldn't imagine trying to do those workouts without working my way up first.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    hey ! i loved the shred! its definetly a good beginner for Jillians workouts! I moved on to Ripped in 30 after doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 wk 6 pk ... and i have to say i only got to week to .. i didnt like it and i am a jillian fan! it killed my back ..... and i just couldnt get into it like her others! but thats just my personal opinion!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great comments! Wow Navyw1fe! You look great!! I have a pooch too....and even in my best shape days (prior to the kids) had it! I'm in pretty good shape...so I may stick with the Ripped for the first two weeks...if I can't handle the 3rd and 4th may back down and go to the shred! Truly appreciate all the opinions....sounds like similar results. I like Jillian too...although she can be a bit overthetop at times....but I can deal with it! It least through the TV, right?
    I didn't even know about the Banish Fat Boost and some of the others mentioned, so I will look out for those too. Even with the knees I am considering incorporating the C25K ...at a very slow pace. May ask my daughter (who use to ran track) to train with me. Thanks again all!
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing ripped in 30 and was just wondering the same thing. I don't see a lot of people doing it. I'm on day 4 of week 1. I did 30 day shred though I didn't complete the whole 30 days. I haven't really noticed much of a difference between the two other than the excercises are different and I totally prefer the ones of ripped in 30. Personally I like it better.
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's how doing her yoga meltdown was for me. I had done it back in Feb and really enjoyed it so I started it again a month ago and I was in so much pain.