Eating out Eating Smart

Options
I'm very proud of myself... didn't workout yesterday (rest day) but stayed under my calorie goal. I even ate out at the snack bar in my building.... I had the chicken quesidilla w/fried rice and veggies and red beans. Souds lik alot and it was but guess what... I ate only 1 triangle of the quesidilla; 1/2 cup of the rice and veggies and 1/4 cup of beans. Yes I measured my food at my desk. The rest of the food I gave to my husband when I got home.

Replies

• virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Its all about long-term....being able to eat what we like in limited portions!
  • jsfurlo0208
    Options
    Thats AWESOME! Determination is the name of the game!!!! There are Krispy Kreme donughts in my office today.. I have already walked past them several times all I keep thinking is "how many calories are in those?" LOL
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!

It's often hard to eat out, but... you did really well. Great portion control!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Thats AWESOME! Determination is the name of the game!!!! There are Krispy Kreme donughts in my office today.. I have already walked past them several times all I keep thinking is "how many calories are in those?" LOL

The glazed doughnuts are fairly safe if you have at least 200 calories in your day.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I brought measuring cups and spoons to work with me because I was eating at my desk. Isn't it interesting to find out how well we can do with smaller portions. You are off to a good start with changing your eating habits and thought pattern. Congratulations.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, it is possible to eat out daily and still lose weight. I eat out often. Mainly because I'm lazy. I know that is not a good thing. Sometimes I can even eat out twice in a day if I plan it in advance and stick to the plan. It's about managing a lifestyle and self-control more than anything else. Hope you enjoyed your lunch!
  • cluvenit
    cluvenit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great Job lady!!! I know it is so hard with all those yummy foods so close by. We have the state fair in town right now and they have the best Fried Indian Tacos. The whole reason for the fair is all the yummy foods! I made my self walk at least 2 miles there before I could eat a thing. We ended up getting an Inian Taco and split it between three of us. Believe it or not after a third of it- I was stuffed. Normally in all the years before, I could devour one of those puppies by myself in no time! Crazy how slowing down when your eating and really being consious about what your putting into your mouth, makes a difference! Keep up the great work!!:glasses:
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! its all about portion control and actually just being on control of yourself. Way to go!
  • jsfurlo0208
    Options

The glazed doughnuts are fairly safe if you have at least 200 calories in your day.

200 calories for 1 doughnut? No thanks! Then I will be starving in about an hour not a good thing!
  • paladeac
    paladeac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    One of the things that's helping me is that id I'm eating out, I check out nutrition info before I go so I know what to order.