Protien recipes

Options
Hey guys!
Now I'm sure there are LOADS of these kind of threads kicking about on MFP. However, I have just been onto amazon to look for a protien only recipe book in preparation for when i come off this diet. Now I don't see why I should pay £10 (not sure what that is in $) for a book when I have a rich source of recipes in you guys that everyone can share and enjoy (provided they aren't your 100 year old family secret)

So what have you got?

My favourite is a Rabbit a la mustard Tangine (and I don't like mustar):

Ingredients:
1 farm-raised or wild rabbit, filleted
3tsp smooth Dijon mustard
3tsp old-fashioned grainy Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground pepper
half a bottle of c. dry white wine, such as Chablis
1 tub. crème fraîche
2 T. snipped fresh chives

low cal cooking oil
2 onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped (i don't put the carrot in i don't like it)
if your feeling naughty several rachers of smoked bacon or a box of lardons
1 Bouquet garni
6 peppercorns

Make the stock: In a heavy bottomed pan (or a tagine), heat the oil over medium heat, and brown the diced rabbit

When the rabbit pieces are browned on all sides, add the vegetables (except the bouquet garni), and brown lightly, stirring, for 5-10 minutes. Add the bouquet garni, wine, bacon (if your feeling naughty) peper, and as much veg as you have chosen to include. Ensure this is kept on a very low heat while you gradually add the crem frech and mustards. (make sure its cool enough or it will curdle)

Keep on a low head for up to 4 hours, be careful though as over cooked rabbit is a little tough.

Remove the bouquet garni and serve with broccoli, cabbage or (if you dono't mind the carbs) some rice or potatoes

Ok so it sounds a little complecated, but its not!

Have you guys got any tasty recipes?

Replies