FIt ladies support group

Options
Im having trouble finding a group that I fit in with so decided to start my own. I'm 5'6" and I weigh about 160lbs, my body fat is around 19% and I can run a mile in under 8 minutes. I work out almost everyday and I get off on doing lunges and push-ups until my arms are shaking and my legs are numb. I teach exercise classes and love helping others achieve their fitness goals.

I joined MFP to get to my best body, while I totally support those who are trying to lost large amounts of weight, I am no longer one of them. I would like to start a group of people who love fitness and are close to their goal, whatever that is, but never stop striving for a better healthier life.

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i'm in! i work at Curves. i also do yoga & zumba!

weight: 126.2 lbs
    height: 5'3.5"
    bf%: 18%
    mile: ~8 min
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I am now studying to be a Personal Trainer, and I workout daily. Getting ready to start Insanity Asylum next week. I think this is great having a group for those once they reach their goals. I am 5"3 weighing about 130lbs. The lowest I've seen was 126.6. Just came back from vacation and need to get back into the swing of things :) My orgininal goal was 135lbs, then 130lbs. Now I want to get to 123-125....Let's get it! I also run about 3x a week. ranging from 2-4 mile runs depending on time.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 5'5" and 153 lbs. Daily exerciser. I can run a mile in about 9:30 but I average a 10 minute mile for a 5K. Not that concerned with my weight because I like my size. Working on decreasing body fat though I don't have an accurate number, it has decreased by 4% in the last 4 months.
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes my main concern is getting body fat down as well. I am excited to see what Insanity results will get me. You ladies are fast runners. I can do a mile in about 10 minutes on a good day lol
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I love working out and I work out about 5 days a week. I'm 5' 3" and I fluctuate from 129-133lbs. My goal is 124 lbs. I have to get my body fat tested b/c I don't know if I'm using the tool correctly but I know it has decreased significantly from last year. This week I'm doing Jillian Michael 30-day shred doubles - trying to stick to 8-10 lb weights. This weekend I will work on my 5K time and get on the stepmill. Most of the time I do intervals on the treadmill but I'm preparing for the Warrior Dash next Saturday. I like incorporating Insanity Pure Cardio or Max Cardio Conditioning into my weekly routine.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    all you ladies are amazing! :D
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many like minded ladies, welcome all!

My main passion is running, that is how I lost the majority of my weight. About a year ago a friend of mine introduced me to the benefits of strength training, and I fell in love with how it helped my running and with how it helped shaped and tone my body without having to drop a ton of weight.

Im not going to limit the conversation on this board, I think it can be for whatever we want... Here is a first question, Do you take a rest day?

I take every Saturday as a DOR unless I am racing. I dont have any planned exercises that day, although we are pretty active at home.
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I don't match up to the rest of you as far as running, but that's because I'm 65 with a lot of wear and tear in the knees. I'm 5 foot 9, weigh 166.8, have a slender bone structure, and would like to lose between half a pound and a pound per week. When I was young and could run 4 miles each morning, I weighed 130-135. These days I walk for an hour or two each day, can jog in short intervals, slowly (have to baby the knees) work out on an exercise bike at home, swim, kayak, and use free weights at home. I don't go to the gym, because I still work full time, have two high energy young dogs and want to exercise with them as much as possible. At the moment I'm trying to spend my dogless free time in the water because I'm going on a snorkeling and kayaking trip in February. I have an adult tricycle so I can ride with the dogs without fear of getting pulled over. That keeps me in pretty good shape for occasional excursions on a normal bike, and I did a bicycle tour in Holland with my husband last May. But what I have in common with the rest of you is that I don't need to lose a lot of weight, and I want to replace fat with more muscle. Okay, so for lean muscle advice, I became religious about no sugar, ever, and only good carbs a few years ago. I need to work out harder, but I have to build up real slowly so I don't injure my shoulders, knees or hips and backslide.
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Replying here to your question about rest days, I HATE the idea. I want to exercise every day. However, what happens is my body crashes 2 or 3 times a month, and then I say to myself, "Okay, I guess this is a rest day."
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Replying here to your question about rest days, I HATE the idea. I want to exercise every day. However, what happens is my body crashes 2 or 3 times a month, and then I say to myself, "Okay, I guess this is a rest day."

First of all let me say welcome, since you mentioned it I wanted to say that this is not meant to be a runners group. It works for me and I love it, but everyone has to embrace what works for them...

I found out the hard way that I need to have a rest day planned, if I go too long without a break I find my resting heart rate begins to creep up and it will lead to a crash. Sadly it took several cycles of this for me to learn my lesson and its just easier for me to force myself to schedule it. To help me stick with it I plan my long run for Sundays, knowing I have to get up and pound out 12 miles Sunday morning is a good motivator to take it easy on Saturday.
    :happy: