Desserts

I'm looking for some good dessert recipes. I love to bake and it's hard finding good ones that don't have a ton of fat/sugar in them! I found this recipe on the internet the other day and tweaked it a little to make it healthier and was pretty happy with how it turned out. I have just started experimenting using stevia so if anybody has some advice on using that I would love to hear it too.

Peach Cobbler

Ingredients
6 medium peaches, diced
5 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 tablespoons stevia
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1 1/4 cup ground old fashioned oats.
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup 2% milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large saucepan, combine peaches, 4 tablespoons of sugar + 2 tablespoons stevia, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; toss to coat peaches.
Set pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
Cook until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
Remove from heat and transfer mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan.
Using your food processor/blender take about 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats and grind until you have a cup of oat flour.
To make the topping, in a large bowl, combine flour, remaining tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
Add margarine(softened) and milk to flour mixture and stir until flour mixture is evenly moistened.
Drop 8 tablespoons of topping mixture onto peach mixture.
Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
Calories: 124
Fat: 3

This was my first time figuring up calories but I'm pretty sure I got it all right. Enjoy!

Replies

• I have quite a few recipes on my blog...feel free to check them out. I've been adding more and more lately.

Also, I have a recipe for chocolate zucchini cake that I made last night with alterations. I'm going to try it again today with some changes. When I'm happy with the results (it was awesome last night, but I know it can be better) I will post it on my blog.

joy.lewis4life.org
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    bump
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Bumpities!!

Made a low-cal peach cobbler awhile back but I wasn't really happy with it. Seems like I had also found a low-cal microwave chocolate cake but I don't remember the recipe. Been meaning to try one I saw on MFP for low-cal brownies. It was just brownie mix and diet coke. Sounded like it might be good.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Here is a quick, easy, single serve dessert idea that I have almost every day of the week. It is 1 Weight Watchers point on the old system.

1 angel food cake mix (water only kind)
    2-1/2 cups any flavor dry cake mix

Mix all of the dry angel food cake mix with 2 cups of the other dry cake mix. Store in bowl with lid. When you want cake, take 1/3 cup of the dry mix and blend (with fork) with 3 Tbsp water. Microwave 1 minute. You can eat warm or put in fridge to cool before eating. You can also double the recipe for a bit more cake.

I normally top with fresh fruit, cool whip free, Hershey’s light syrup, ice cream, etc. Pineapple cake and strawberry seem to have the strongest flavor. If you want chocolate, I would go for a chocolate fudge or dark chocolate cake mix.

No Pudge Brownie mix also offers a recipe to make a single serve brownie made with vanilla yogurt.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I made strawberry/blueberry shortcake a few weeks ago for a dinner party and I was really quite shocked at how low-cal and healthy it ended up being.

I used the Heart Healthy Bisquick and the recipe on the back, but I made the biscuits much smaller than the recipe called for. Then, one biscuit topped with fruit (any kind -- add sugar or don't) and some light whipped cream and it was wonderful and yummy.