20 LBS by THANKSGIVING - 9 weeks away! Day 1

Options

Replies

• liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help and advice everyone ! Okay, here are the 20LBS by Thanksgiving Rules that I have decided upon:

The goal of this group is to lose weight and get healthy by Thanksgiving. I am calling it 20LBS by Thanksgiving, which is my ultimate goal, but if you can't lose this or want to set your own goal, that is okay too! EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS! And even if you lost 2 lbs by then, it's better than gaining! :-)

Weigh in day is Thursday, since Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, November 24th and that is when we started this group! Everyone will keep track of their own weight and post their progress on each Thursday. Thursday, September 29th will be our FIRST WEIGH IN.

I will post a message thread every day or every other day to see how we are doing. I will try to include some articles or helpful advice, or even some healthy recipes!

If anyone wants to message or friend me at any time for any reason, please feel free to do so!

I will post these rules again later so everyone can see.

Good luck to you all! We can do this together! XXOO! ONE POUND AT A TIME!
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Perfect!! My weigh in days are already Thursday's :smile:
  • berchen82
    Options
    I'm in!
  • fellychang
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've never posted before, but definitely need some motivation and to set a mini-goal. 20 pounds by Thanksgiving would be great!
    So if it's not too late then I'm in! I need friends!!!

Current Weight - 237.4 (as of September 22nd)
    Mini-goal weight - 217.4 by Thanksgiving 2011
    Goal Weight - 165 - (It would be the first time in my life ever that I was in the "healthy" category!! Ideally I would love this to be by my wedding on May 25, 2012)
  • Kgiannelli
    Kgiannelli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Adding the reminder to my phone as soon as this is posted! Can't wait to get started!! (still have a head cold then gonna hit the training hard!!!)
  • dubord29
    Options
    I need to get my butt in gear if I'm weighing in on thursday! I am starting to track everything I eat as of today and I will start my workout tonight after work. I am doing Jillians 30 day slimdown modified with some of my other Jillian dvds:) I really want to be at my goal weight for my 31st bday in January! So lets lose some lbs everyone!!

Start weight 9/25/11: 173
    Mini Goal weight 11/24/11: 153
    Major Goal weight 1/9/12: 135
  • marzahl68
    Options
    I'll join you: Let's lose x lbs by Thanksgiving! Someone suggest 10 pounds, another poster wants 20 pounds. I can do 15 lbs by Thanksgiving.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Well this morning I got up and cleaned the garage out and took the dogs for a walk. Then I walked to the gym this evening. I worked out for an hour. It was really great to get back into the gym again. This is a nice way to start off the week.
    Im going to set a exercise goal every week for myself. This week is to get to the gym 5 days for an hour. Im hoping this will keep me on track. :wink:
  • Melissaol
    Options
    Well this morning I got up and cleaned the garage out and took the dogs for a walk. Then I walked to the gym this evening. I worked out for an hour. It was really great to get back into the gym again. This is a nice way to start off the week.
    Im going to set a exercise goal every week for myself. This week is to get to the gym 5 days for an hour. Im hoping this will keep me on track. :wink:
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I weighed in this morning. I lost 2lbs...
    its going in the right direction.
  • dubord29
    Options
    I have finally got my head in the right place! I did well eating today, YAY!! I exercised to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and also took a bike ride! I feel really great and hope to keep it up to meet my goals!
  • dubord29
    Options
    I weighed in this morning. I lost 2lbs...
    its going in the right direction.

YAY!! Good for you!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! I didn't weigh in last week, but on Friday (9/30) I was 127lbs!!!! down 2lbs so far. Not feeling a loss this week though- its my birthday this week so that means dinner out a few times (my family, my husband, lunch with the girls, and a special chocolate peanut butter cheesecake from my bestie!!)
    I am really trying to watch/limit processed carbs. My body stores carb like there's no tomorrow so every little bit I can cut out the better. I am still eating my fruits and veggies, plus a FiberOne bar everyday, but other than that I am trying not to eat carbs. Seems to be working so far, let's just hope I can keep it up!
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    I'm in also! 10lbs would be great! 20lbs would be AWESOME!!!! I need all the help I can get:) I need to bust out of this plateau bad .
  • dubord29
    Options
    I have been trying something new to see if it helps me stay motivated to eat healthy and exercise. First I'm weighing myself every morning and tracking that weight. Second after I'm done tracking my food and complete my diary I am paying attention to what it says I will weigh in 5 weeks! So far for the past 4 days It has motivated me to keep my butt moving and eat healthy foods!!
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Does anyone mind if I join a little late?

CW: 203
    Goal by Thanksgiving: 185

I doubt I'll make that but goals are something to reach for, correct?

I'm planing to work out to Cathe Friedrich in the morning and maybe some Pilates tonight. I'm planning to do a ten day ayurvedic detox starting in a week from tomorrow so we will see how that goes :)

Good luck everyone!

Jamie
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    ???? how ??? Thanksgiving is Monday, Oct 10th !
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I want to join as well please....
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    ???? how ??? Thanksgiving is Monday, Oct 10th !
    Our Thanksgivng is Monday. U.S. is November 24.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hmm I thought I posted that I wanted to join this but I dont see my post! Is it too late? I joined MFP on Sept 30th at 202lbs. Current weight is 197.8. Will hop on the scale in the morning and post my new weight as long as the thread is bumped so I can see it :-D