New Year's Resolution....

Options
I have decided to run at least 1 adventure race and 1 5K. Distance running is something I have yet to do well with so wish me luck. I have signed up for my first adventure race in Baton Rouge in less than a month!!!! Yikes!!! Prayers please!

Replies

• deamarie
    Options
    I have decided to run at least 1 adventure race and 1 5K. Distance running is something I have yet to do well with so wish me luck. I have signed up for my first adventure race in Baton Rouge in less than a month!!!! Yikes!!! Prayers please!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    That is really great! Good luck! I have never really been a runner but in school (elementary) I could run pretty fast. I am thinking that I may want to run some kind of small marathon when I do get healthier and more in shape. I told my hubby and he didn't sound so convinced but we will see. It sounds like something that would be good for us too. I hope you do well on your race!
  • deamarie
    Options
    Thanks!! We will see how this body responds...
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! We will see how this body responds...
    Love your photo!!! You have some great arms!
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    Good for you! My goal is to run a 5K by September. I have walked 2 5Ks before but I want to RUN this one!

What is an adventure race?
  • deamarie
    Options
    First of all...That pic is too cute!!

An adventure race is not straight running. It is a 3 mile run with obstacles in between. This race includes tire runs, hay bail climbs, a muddy crawl and a mystery obstacle. The good Lord only knows what I am getting myself into but I am sure I will have a blast!
  • deamarie
    Options
    Wonder Woman is and always has been my hero. And my arms are a combo of dad's genes and hard work! Thanks!