Under arm..umm...Flab?

Options
Just curious, what are some good excersies to get rid of or at least reduce the under am jigglies?

Replies

• nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Good luck :)

I have had to accept that, without plastic surgery (which I won't qualify for), I am going to have to live with most of it. I have managed to tighten up a little, but other than that...I am the queen of bat wings!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    :waiting for the poor advice competition to start:
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I like using the resistant bands!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Do lots of tricep work. Build up the muscle. At least that's what I'm trying to do to reduce the bat-wing effect. At least my methodology can't hurt me.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    tricep exercises have helped me tone some there. Good luck!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can really do about it except keep losing fat and hopefully with time, the skin tightens up a little. The other alternative is surgery.
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Yes, I'd like to know too.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've had the most success with push-ups. Even if you can't do a regular push-up, doing them against the wall, table or desk, or floor push-ups on your knees will help a lot. Also, reverse push-ups! Stand in front of a desk or table, facing away from it with your feet a step or two out. Put your palms on the table/desk and drop your butt, using your arms to hold as much of your weight as you can, then push yourself back up with your arms. The futher out your feet are, the more you work your arms.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like using the resistant bands!

Yes, these are also good. I use these and pushups.
  • Peanut1026
    Options
    thanks everyone for the advice, i will try them all..lol!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    There are excerises that target the arms but remember most excerises you do incorporate the arms into the workout so they are always getting something. More importantly, to whatever degree you are successful in firming up and toning your arms just be happy with who and what you are.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive lost most of my weight slowly so there is hardley any jiggle there for me.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love the exercice on this site:

Some ideas sometimes help!

http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/a/besttriceps.htm
  • girlypop
    Options
    Theres no real spot reduction. IF it's fat than when you lose enough fat, it will go away, partially or completely based on the amount of fat lost.... I would suggest doing triceps exercise to tone the muscle underneath but the fat loss will be based on your overall fat loss from a calorie deficit.

Some good triceps exercise are bench dips, (google search for a picture), push ups work your entire arm, and you can always just work the tricep with a free weight lifting over your head and than bending at the elbow while keeping your elbow pointed toward the sky.

Good luck
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I've never really had "jiggly" arms as I'm still young but I did have a bit of extra fat there making my arms look wide. It has shrunk down as my overall body had shrunk. I really think all you can do is lose weight slowly and overall. Hopefully you'll see that disappear faster as it seems we like to hold more weight in our torso area.
  • ocklebockle
    Options
    Hey, that's always been MY problem, too. I'll try 'em all if they'll help! Thanks all!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I saw a difference in people who did water aerobic exercises. Not sure if that works for everyone. It was part of my exercising when I was 17/18... LOL! So I don't remember. I was told, also not sure how accurate the info was, one of the reasons to lose slow it because it give the body time to adjust. And on that note I was told walking with walking weights was one of the best exercises for having the skin go back. The bad new being, it also depends on the skin's level of elasticity. Not much help I'm sure. Just passing on info I was given. Again, not sure how much "truth" is in the info.
  • Peanut1026
    Options
    There are excerises that target the arms but remember most excerises you do incorporate the arms into the workout so they are always getting something. More importantly, to whatever degree you are successful in firming up and toning your arms just be happy with who and what you are.

That was so nice, ty!