Good news, bad news

Options
My weight dropped yesterday, but that is because I found out that I am no longer needed in the work position that I have occupied for 15 years. :cry: I have to say that that was quite a shock. We have a new boss (newly elected district attorney), but I thought I was going to be ok. I guessed wrong on that one. Fortunately he gave me until February 20th. I am very grateful for that. So, any words of encouragement will be very welcome right about now. I am looking on the bright side as much as possible. Great husband. Excellent children. Nice, loving, supportive friends. Since I've been here 15 years, I also know a lot of people, and a lot of people know me. So, if there is job available, I think I will have a good chance of getting it. It is actually a good opportunity for a nice change. It is just scary not knowing exactly where I will be going and knowing it will probably mean a substantial pay cut. DH has said not to worry that everything will be fine. I am hanging on to that thought for dear life.

:heart:
Bobbie

Replies

• Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My weight dropped yesterday, but that is because I found out that I am no longer needed in the work position that I have occupied for 15 years. :cry: I have to say that that was quite a shock. We have a new boss (newly elected district attorney), but I thought I was going to be ok. I guessed wrong on that one. Fortunately he gave me until February 20th. I am very grateful for that. So, any words of encouragement will be very welcome right about now. I am looking on the bright side as much as possible. Great husband. Excellent children. Nice, loving, supportive friends. Since I've been here 15 years, I also know a lot of people, and a lot of people know me. So, if there is job available, I think I will have a good chance of getting it. It is actually a good opportunity for a nice change. It is just scary not knowing exactly where I will be going and knowing it will probably mean a substantial pay cut. DH has said not to worry that everything will be fine. I am hanging on to that thought for dear life.

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hi Bobbie!
    I do feel for you hun! It is really bad right now all around. My mom was also let go the other week. But look at it not as a bad thing but a time to try something different, something new. No point in getting worked up about it because we can't change what other people do. You guys will pull thru this and everything will work out like it is supposed to. I wish you luck!!
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Thank you so much. That's what I need to hear. :flowerforyou:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Aww that sucks! Something similar happened to me 2 years ago. It was pretty hard because you are at a job so long it becomes a way of life. You spend 8+ hours a day there, thats more time than you spend awake at home! You have every right to be feeling upset about it, but don't worry! It sounds like you will have a great experience to put on your resume so people will see that and hire you! 15 years at one place shows a lot of loyalty & people like that! You will get through this! I was stressed when my situation happened but now I am in such a great place in my life and I got a job that is ten times better for me than the last one. You will too! Remember that everything happens for reason even if it feels really bad at the time. Think of it as seasons... your season there is done but a new season is just beginning! Good Luck!
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Thank you so much!:flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your belief is but for me, my experience has been that when something like that happens it is because God has something better planned for me. Hang in there something better is on the way!:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Bobbie, I hope you find a new one soon. This is such a hard time with the economy. We have another plant in our town laying off more workers. I feel bad for all the kids that suffer because of it.

On the bright side I see you have a cruise planned! I love cruising. What ship/itinerary are you going on? I was just on the Carnival Legend at the beginning of Dec. Oh how I wish I could go again!
    Kelly
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    My husband and his business partners had to close down both restaurants this year in October and he had the same feeling as you, he knew he would find something it was the when and where of it all that got him.

Well, needless to say they are all back to work and he is happier than he has been in a long time because he didn't realize how much stress he was under as a business owner. Now he does his work and comes home, gets time off (truly a bonus!) and he is sleeping well and all is great!

It's rocky out there but there is light at the end of the tunnel, I truly believe everything happens for a reason, maybe your true calling is out there waiting for you to be done with this job so you can move on and do great things! :flowerforyou:
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Well my boss told us on Dec. 29th that she was going to have to cut everyone's hours starting on Jan. 5th. I got cut 16 hours a week! I know that's not quite the same as losing your job completely, but it was a huge cut. I was so angry for about a week, and then I just decided that it's not worth it to be so upset and stand-offish. I just put on a positive attitude, and am trying to find something else. I did meet with someone on Thursday about a job. But even if it doesn't work out with that place, at least I have the comfort of knowing there are more jobs out there (even though the economy is so bad).

Metco 89, I believe you are right. I hope there is something better for Bobbie145, myself, and all the others in our situation. We just have to stay positive and put it in God's hands. Being stressed out, worried, and upset is not going to help solve the problem.
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm sorry!! That's rough news, I'm sure. That is a lot of time to invest to have to start over somewhere else.

Think of it this way, when one door closes, another one opens! You just have to look for the open door, instead of focusing on the one that is closing.

hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Options
    Thank you so much. Those are all such nice thoughts to come home to!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: