7 pounds in 9 days!

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
I am so excited! I lost 7 pounds in 9 days! I am following my new years resolution perfectly! I am so proud of myself for sticking to it. I know its only day 10, but I never stick with diets!

I even had a small slip up the other night. My brother who I don't see very often came over for dinner and I made a big roast with all the fixings, I ended up having a little bit of everything.... and then later than night I had a plate of cookies out for the boys for snacking on and I ate a couple of them. I went over by 250 calories that night. Usually when I 'fall off the wagon' thats it for me, I'm done. But not this time! I still managed to lose 1/2 pound that day and now seeing 7 overall is so motivating!

I was so excited when I stepped on the scale this morning! Seeing results really makes my goal that much more obtainable! Yay me!

Replies

• jdelisle
    Options
    I am so excited! I lost 7 pounds in 9 days! I am following my new years resolution perfectly! I am so proud of myself for sticking to it. I know its only day 10, but I never stick with diets!

I even had a small slip up the other night. My brother who I don't see very often came over for dinner and I made a big roast with all the fixings, I ended up having a little bit of everything.... and then later than night I had a plate of cookies out for the boys for snacking on and I ate a couple of them. I went over by 250 calories that night. Usually when I 'fall off the wagon' thats it for me, I'm done. But not this time! I still managed to lose 1/2 pound that day and now seeing 7 overall is so motivating!

I was so excited when I stepped on the scale this morning! Seeing results really makes my goal that much more obtainable! Yay me!
  • kiarasmom
    Options
    :smile: GREAT JOB!!! It's those baby steps that get us to the big goal though!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is great!! Keep up the good job. :flowerforyou:
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    Options
    Congrats! Keep Going! :happy:
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I know its only day 10, but I never stick with diets!

Congratulations on 7 lbs. That's so great! I think it may help to if you think of it more of a lifestyle change instead of a diet. With the word diet, you know that it will eventually come to an end. But you make these changes to make yourself better for life, not just for now. You want to take the weight off and keep it off.

Again, congrats on you weight loss. I know you will do wonderful it you stick to it. You deserve it!
  • claudiajohnson
    Options
    Congrats~!!! How are you doing it?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Wow! That must be a great feeling. Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Thanks everybody!

I never thought of it that way (calling it a lifestyle change as opposed to a diet) but it makes sense! I know I will continue these healthy practices well after I have lost my weight! I can't believe the stuff I put into my body before. I feel so much healthier after this week and a half than I ever have!

To answer the question on how I am doing this, I started thinking of food more as fuel for my body instead of something to fill a void. I only have 1200 base calories to work with (before exercise) so I make the most of them! A snack of fruit and yogurt fills me up a heck of a lot better than a package of m&m's; with only a fraction of the calories!

On that night I had those cookies... Normally I could have chowed down half a dozen without a second thought. This time I was satisfied after only a few. If I can have this much progress in 9 days, I can't wait to see what a month or two will have me feeling like!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!