weight gain on 30 day shred?

Options
Started on here about a week ago and a few days later started the shred. On my first weigh in 1 weekafter starting watching my food intake I'd lost 4lbs.

I'm on day 5 of the shred and stupidly weighed myself this morning and i seem to have gained a few lbs, is that normal?

It will start to go down at some point?

Replies

• Kity4kits
    Options
    oops think im in the wrong section! sorry!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I never lost weight on the shred...only gained, but lost inches and a week after I finished most of the weight was gone. So I would not worry too much about it but take measurements!!!
  • Jentorres2024
    Options
    Sounds like your gaining muscle...which is heavier that fat. Just keep at it and you'll be amazed at the end results :flowerforyou:
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think its muscle... I had the SAME THING... just KEEP GOING!

ETA-- TAKE MEASUREMENTS!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 18 and lost a few pounds, and then gained a few back. Now I seem to be stuck. I think it's normal.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time, its due to swelling/fluid retention in your muscles.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    This. It's very common to gain after starting a new workout program. You aren't gaining muscle after just a week, and you don't gain muscle eating at a deficit I believe. Just keep at it, your body will adjust.
  • LaMaMiK77
    Options
    Yea I was wondering that too... I just got a new scale cuz i was having issues with my other one...my boyfriend weighed himself at work and on my new scale and he got the same weight...i weighed myself this am with this new scale and it says I gained 3 pounds and I have lost inches so far....I only have 1 more week to go on the 30 day shred!!!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just remember your body is transforming and often times the scale isn't the best motivator..... measurements are key as well!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    This. It's very common to gain after starting a new workout program. You aren't gaining muscle after just a week, and you don't gain muscle eating at a deficit I believe. Just keep at it, your body will adjust.

Agreed!!! Finish the program and make sure you take measurements to compare your results.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ok now I am scared cause I have a hard time losing weight and I am doing the 30 shred. I will just hope for the best.
  • twinkietigress
    twinkietigress Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Also, all scales can be up to + or - 5 pounds, could be scale inaccuracy. Just keep the measurements with an eye on the scale is what I would suggest.
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You can't gain muscle that fast. It most likely has to do with water retention and/or sodium intake.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Yup. I'm on day10 of level one and I haven't lost a pound. But I've already lost inches, so I'm not going to worry about it. It seems that everyone agrees that it will come off toward the end. Keep it up! You won't be sorry!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!!! I started the Shred and that first week gained 3 lbs. Totally depressed myself but I worked through it and today will be day 8 Level 1 for me and I've lost those 3 lbs again. Made for a scary plateau week though!!!
  • Kity4kits
    Options
    thanks everyone, will push through!

and will get my measurements too x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!