New User *waves*

Options
Hi!

I initially only joined this website to track my exercise (I'm a statistical chart geek) but decided I'd try to go with the whole thing anyway, may as well, not like it'll hurt me. :) I've been eating healthier than ever this year, and although I am looking to lose weight generally, I don't necessarily have a goal to make & keep. I just want a generally healthier lifestyle. :) (That said, I filled out the goal thing because I kind of want to see what kind of habits I have that prevent me from losing weight at a steadier pace than I do right now...)

Anyway, I'm 27 years old, average/"chubby" build and tall (I get the tall/thin from my dad and most people on my mom's side are or were at one point dangerously obese, so that's in my upbringing as well -- gotta be careful!). It's just come to my attention recently that I may be a Celiac, so I'm going to try to take gluten out of my diet (as well as I can, sigh) to see if my symptoms disappear, but otherwise my only other health issue is hypothyroidism, so anyone who struggles staying healthy with this, I'd love to be friends... Finding the motivation to exercise/not eat a lot of sugar is really difficult, even on synthroid, so it'd be nice to find a friend who understands :)

I'm an excellent motivator, even if I don't necessarily have the same strict goals as others on this site, so I'm looking both for networking/friends among those like me, who just want to track what's going on in their lives, and those who have goal weights but need some extra encouragement. :) I do have offline/other friends who are losing but none seemed so interested in this site. Most of them keep weight loss blogs externally and don't want to change their system.

Replies

• T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A great introduction about yourself there amateras.

Welcome to using the site full time.

Your definitely in the right place.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    *motions you over* Welcome to the most fab fitness site on the web. . . so glad to meet you.. I wish you much success in your health and fitness goals. .

There are a lot of really good tools here , as well as nutritional advice, and tons of friends and support. . . I hope that you love it here as much as I have come to!
  • Tracyrocksss
    Options
    oops- posted in the wrong place--apologies---but hello and welcome to you! :)
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracyrocksss.

Welcome and your in the right place to achieve your goals.

Good luck on your journey.