MMMM Personal Pita Pizza

Options
Check this out! I just made these pizzas with the kids. I ate 2 of them and I came in around 360 calories. That's less than one slice of normal pizza.

2 bags of Pita Bread Oat bran - 130 calories
Lowfat / low sodium Mozzarella cheese 45 calories per ounce (1.5 oz COVERS 2 pizzas)
2 cans Diced tomatoes with chilis (chilis for my own taste, u dont have to) calories depend on brand
1/2 green pepper
2 scallions
1 clove of garlic
1 stem of cilantro
1/4 squash
1/4 zucchini
1/2 jalepeno (for my son, not me)
1 pkg pepperoni (for the kids)
3 whole mushrooms (fresh)
1 freezer bag

Chop veggies and pepperoni
Grate garlic (and mozzarella if necessary)
Chop cilantro
Set oven to 400

I added the grated garlic and cilantro into diced tomotoes and put them into a freezer bag. Let the kids take turns mooshing it all up into a sauce.
Top as desired and bake for 5 min. A round pizza pan will hold 3 pizzas.
I like to turn the top broiler on for a minute after the pizzas have cooked, to brown cheese.

This fed 3 adults and 4 kids

I'm not sure about all the nutrition info for each, but I know 2 pizzas was 360 calories for me and I'm STUFFED!
Plus the husband and kids loved it!

Replies

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Check this out! I just made these pizzas with the kids. I ate 2 of them and I came in around 360 calories. That's less than one slice of normal pizza.

2 bags of Pita Bread Oat bran - 130 calories
    Lowfat / low sodium Mozzarella cheese 45 calories per ounce (1.5 oz COVERS 2 pizzas)
    2 cans Diced tomatoes with chilis (chilis for my own taste, u dont have to) calories depend on brand
    1/2 green pepper
    2 scallions
    1 clove of garlic
    1 stem of cilantro
    1/4 squash
    1/4 zucchini
    1/2 jalepeno (for my son, not me)
    1 pkg pepperoni (for the kids)
    3 whole mushrooms (fresh)
    1 freezer bag

Chop veggies and pepperoni
    Grate garlic (and mozzarella if necessary)
    Chop cilantro
    Set oven to 400

I added the grated garlic and cilantro into diced tomotoes and put them into a freezer bag. Let the kids take turns mooshing it all up into a sauce.
    Top as desired and bake for 5 min. A round pizza pan will hold 3 pizzas.
    I like to turn the top broiler on for a minute after the pizzas have cooked, to brown cheese.

This fed 3 adults and 4 kids

I'm not sure about all the nutrition info for each, but I know 2 pizzas was 360 calories for me and I'm STUFFED!
    Plus the husband and kids loved it!
  • chamabo
    chamabo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thats sooooo awesome! I did the same thing for dinner last night too! And they really are sooooo filling! Great minds think alike!