Back on my feet - Do I keep my sed. calories?

Options
I was off my feet for 2 1/2 months. I got used to the low calories and been doing great. I've been walking without crutches for a week now and even though I'm up and moving a lot I don't know if I should change my active status. Some days I feel like its enough and sometimes I'm hungry. This has only happened since I've starting walking again, but I don't want to gain the weight back if I increase the calorie allowance. I am only able to do 10-12 minutes of exercise on my feet before it hurts too much, but I have 3 kids at home so I'm always on my feet. I could really use an opinion here. I've gone down a pants size and lost 9 pounds as of a week ago. I only weigh myself every other week. I can't afford to back track now or have my sugar plummet. Please help!

Replies

• merlotsherry
    Options
    My only advice would be that if your calorie intake is too low, you put your metabolism in a starvation mode and that is NOT good. There is a calculator somewhere on the internet that can help you calc what your intake of calories should be and then you can modify that a little. I am guessing that you will be needing to get up and move around more and more. Use the need for more calories as a motivator to exercise more. Hope this helps!
  • 23shine
    Options
    Thank you. I'm going to try increasing my calories to just lightly active for now. I have to get in so many calories because I have low blood sugar and I have to eat. Its difficult for me to balance what I need and lose weight. I am able to exercise for 10 mins at a time now. I was able to do 40 mins before as long as I ate 20 mins prior. I'm really hoping I can get back up to that. I'm just happy I can walk for now and not feel so useless. My body will tell me if I need to increase a little since I'm getting more and more active now. Thanks for the support.