Black Bean Brownies

Options
Mechel79
Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
I know, I know sounds strange, but these brownies are good! If you are anything like me I need a sweet fix once in awhile. I made them for some friends they didn't even notice the difference. These will not rise high because there isn't any eggs.

15 oz can of black beans
1 box 19.5 oz brownie mix ( I used pillsbury)

Open can of beans, rinse well. Put beans back in the can and fill the can with water. Put the beans and water in a blender until smooth. Mix bean mixture with brownie mix. Spray backing dish with Pam, Cook brownies according to the package.

Let me know if you try these and what you think!

makes 20 servings

Calories 138
Fat 2.6g
Carb 28g
Fiber 1.8g
Protein 2.9g

Replies

• I made them this past weekend but with gluten free mix. Not bad but I think the gluten free mix gave them a little bit of a strange taste and texture. But with a little peanut butter smeared on top they were delish!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am skeptical of this, but I have an open mind (and stomach) and am optimistic. I will try this tonight or tomorrow and report back :-D

How about a better option for fudge frosting? :-)
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump! Will have to try these for the family!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Sounds yum to me!
  • JJostesCheng
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mechel79
    Options
    I am skeptical of this, but I have an open mind (and stomach) and am optimistic. I will try this tonight or tomorrow and report back :-D

How about a better option for fudge frosting? :-)

Mmmmm idk about a better option for fudge frosting, how about low fat cream cheese frosting?
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I tried them about a month ago and they are good -- taste exactly like 'regular' brownies. My hubby even took a plate of them to his firestation and the men there ate them all within minutes. They had no idea.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...but I bet they are really good!! Gonna make these this weekend and see if I can fool my kids!! :laugh:
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm idk about a better option for fudge frosting, how about low fat cream cheese frosting?

This would do quite well. I saw the other post about peanut butter which also sounds good.

Now I wonder about a Nutella based frosting? Hmmmmmmm.
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    love brownies,,,but scared to try...one day when im really craving
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yndlingsdatter
    Options
    Ooh, they sound yummy. I will try them, just have to get the brownie mix next time I go shopping - will come back and reply after I've tried them! Thanx :)
  • Mechel79
    Options

This would do quite well. I saw the other post about peanut butter which also sounds good.

Now I wonder about a Nutella based frosting? Hmmmmmmm.

ooohhhh I dont like nutella, ha probably one of the few ppl that don't! I had a post about pineapple cupcakes also, SUPER SIMPLE and soooo good.

as far as the low fat cream cheese frosting:

8oz 1/3 fat philadelphia cream chees
    1 cup powdered suger
    1 tsp vanilla extract

beat together until smooth- That's it! super easy!

44.5 calories
    2.1 g Fat
    Carb 5.5 g
    .7 grams Protein
    5.1 g Sugar
  • cali_co
    Options
    Brownies are my weakness so I can't wait to try these!
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Felesina1
    Options
    As much as I was surprised by black bean chocolate pancakes, I imagine that these should be wonderful! You could also do a non-fat cool whip/peanut butter frosting!
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've heard of these and look forward to trying them...thanks! :o)
  • siouxzq4
    siouxzq4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I made these and was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. They are more fudgy and moist than regular brownies and down get as fluffy when cooked. I sprinkled chocolate chips on the top of the batter before I baked them to help entice my leary S.O. into trying them. They made it to work in an male dominate occupation, and many of the guys wanted the recipe!
  • Mechel79
    Options
    I made these and was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. They are more fudgy and moist than regular brownies and down get as fluffy when cooked. I sprinkled chocolate chips on the top of the batter before I baked them to help entice my leary S.O. into trying them. They made it to work in an male dominate occupation, and many of the guys wanted the recipe!

I thought they we more fudgy myself, but it's hard to get ppl to try something so off the wall- and then to say they taste better than regular brownies?! I really enjoy these and I don't have that super guilty feeling after eating them! I'm glad you enjoyed them!