butt squeeze exercise

Options
this is soo awkward...but i need to know.i was lying down w/my legs up an inch away from my butt and my arms on my sides flat..sooo, how many calories do you lose squeezing your butt and working your abs at the same time in that position? and if there's a name for this workout, could u please let me know? thanks :]]

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Probably not many calories at all, really. You'd likely need to get a HRM and try to track it that way to get any clear idea.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    and if there's a name for this workout, could u please let me know?

Sounds like s-e-x?
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Sounds like s-e-x?

LOL! true.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options

Sounds like s-e-x?

i dont believe thats what i did..
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Probably not a whole lot of calories....that's more of a toning exercise...but keep it up...it's still good for you!!!
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options
    Probably not many calories at all, really. You'd likely need to get a HRM and try to track it that way to get any clear idea.

ohh, ok.thnx though :]
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Your BMR + 2 calories, tops.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i dunno, like 5?
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options
    Probably not a whole lot of calories....that's more of a toning exercise...but keep it up...it's still good for you!!!

ya.im trying to tone.i saw this workout on a denise austin video, but its hard to find out how many calories are lost...and thanks :]]
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Sounds like s-e-x?

LOL Agree!

I love how this post is in the introduce yourself section.... lol
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend using a HRM.. I do for every workout!!!! :wink:
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    I would see if there is a kegel exercise or google to see how many calories that has, then use it, u might have to adjust the calories to fit, like add them twice, depend how long you actually do this exercise. I prefer walking while doing this exercise, that way you are getting more benefits. I like the fact that if you suck in your stomach muscles, it actually helps tighten them!:smile:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

Sounds like s-e-x?

i dont believe thats what i did..

I'm not saying that's what you did. I'm saying that if you care enough to log the couple of minutes, that's what I would log it as (or at least use the same calorie burn numbers) because it sounds pretty close.