Dip Station or Sandbag?

Options
I want both but can only swing getting one this month. Which would you guys recommend I get? Which is easier to substitute with something else?

Replies

• HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    do you have a pullup bar? Or a place to hang some rope, reason I ask is yo ucan make some olympic rings out of pvc pipe , run rope through them, hang em and use them for dips...cost ya about 7 or 8 dollars to make..
  • mopovich
    mopovich Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    And I've made two sandbags. One with sand, a garbage bag, re-usable target bag and duct tape. And you can also buy sandbags on Amazon and fill them with sand and...you have a sandbag. :) Costs next to nothing!
  • HOSED49
    Options
    also use the sand with a basketball to make a medicine ball...need a funnel, basketball or soccer ball, sand duh and a scale ..
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    No no pullup bar. I do bodyrock and some workouts don't have the no equipment option, and its usually something with the dip station:frown:
  • mopovich
    mopovich Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do tricep dips using two bar stools! I cross my feet and put them up on one stool and support my body weight on the other. Works perfect.
  • HOSED49
    Options
    you can do reverse dips off a chair, theyre not as good as traditional dips but they work,,,add more resistance by putting weight in your lap, can start out with feet on the floor or on another chair...
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm...I think I may just make something...I work in a tailor shop so maybe I'll sew me a sandbag..thanks for all the suggestions!