Need motivation!!

Options
Yaay!! I have been taking brisk walks on my lunches and breaks at work this week. I have noticed it gives me a lil energy boost around that drowsy 3:oo period. My goal tonight is to go joggin right after work at 5:00 and then hit the gym but I fear I will be tired. Anyone wanna give me a mini pep talk so I can stick to my early evening goal??

Replies

• marcibar
    Options
    You can totally make that after work jog and trip to the gym without getting low on energy! You will do awesome, plus it will put you in a great place for refueling your carbs and protein post workout with a great dinner! It always helps me to have the right music playing, upbeat while jogging and slower for strength training. Pick a couple really good songs that get you dying to get out and jog!

Do you jog regularly? I am training for the Las Vegas half marathon in December!
  • vmastudios
    Options
    i always invision in my head my favorite celeb that I admire... eva longoria... and i envision having her wardrobe... u know... the skinny jeans, high heels, sophisticated top... that right there makes me wanna get on the treadmill to get my sexxi back:) lol... so just think of someone who you would love to have the body of, and literally FEEL like you already look that way when you're running:)
  • dannylives
    Options
  • jsamples2
    Options
    I think you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it! Make sure you bring water, and maybe a healthy snack before hitting the gym! Fruit slices are perfect little energy boosters. My favorites are apple slices. They are sweet, and tasty, plus they are good for you too! I just finished a 30 minute walk at 2.5 mph. It really does make a difference, and I certainly feel better about myself, and I feel better health wise too. I know that I am working toward a healthier, sexier looking me, and that's motivation enough on its own! Just stay positive, and give yourself some self motivation! Make a goal, and follow through, sister!
  • Kimgrizz64
    Options
    I don't wait to "feel" like working out or "feel un-tired!!" or else I'd never get my rear-end to the gym or out on those walks!! I pretend I'm my own parent and just tell myself, work-out FIRST, don't even THINK about excuses, "just do it" I remind myself of how I feel AFTER it's over.

After I workout, I feel like a champion. It's an awesome feeling to have accomplished something I'm not exactly fond of. I feel like it's one more step towards my end goal. I have energy like crazy. I feel healthier. I just dwell on all those little things then I go!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You'll always be tired and have that excuse. Just do it, you'll feel better and less tired after you do it!
  • mrskaylaforthewin
    Options
    no and but about it just do it or im taking away your cellphone and car keys.\
    :]