I am a newbie

JessicaN1979
JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I just joined www.myfitnesspal.com in hopes of alleviating the cost of a dietitian. It seems like all of the information that I needed I have found here and I am ready to get started. I am 29 years old and I am approximately 100 pounds overweight. I want to lose weight mainly to avoid conditions that are common in my family like heart disease, diabetes, strokes, etc. I want to become healthy and maintain a healthy lifestyle. My goal is to be at least half way to goal by the time I turn 30 in 8 months. I am very excited to get to go on a cruise for my birthday and I want to feel comfortable about myself. I like to give encouragement and receive encouragement, so if you are looking for a team member, definitely put me on your list. I will do weigh ins and measurements on Mondays and keep my page updated as a way to track my progress to know that I am changing my life for the better and to be able to see the progress. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. Good luck to all.

Replies

• JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    I just joined www.myfitnesspal.com in hopes of alleviating the cost of a dietitian. It seems like all of the information that I needed I have found here and I am ready to get started. I am 29 years old and I am approximately 100 pounds overweight. I want to lose weight mainly to avoid conditions that are common in my family like heart disease, diabetes, strokes, etc. I want to become healthy and maintain a healthy lifestyle. My goal is to be at least half way to goal by the time I turn 30 in 8 months. I am very excited to get to go on a cruise for my birthday and I want to feel comfortable about myself. I like to give encouragement and receive encouragement, so if you are looking for a team member, definitely put me on your list. I will do weigh ins and measurements on Mondays and keep my page updated as a way to track my progress to know that I am changing my life for the better and to be able to see the progress. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. Good luck to all.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Hey and welcome to MFP! This site is truly awesome and the people on here are really amazing too. Some have lost 100 pounds and more so you can do this!! Check out Tamtastic and FitnessChick and you will see their results!! Awesome! This site is so addictive and so helpful! Everything here will help keep you on track and get you that much closer to your goal. Good luck and remember to drink plenty of water!!!
This discussion has been closed.