Health problems galore, but gotta loose this extra body!

tlceptexan
tlceptexan Posts: 1
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm new hear and I have a bunch of health issues that make it hard to excercise. I've been on crutches for 10 months now and both knees, a hip and my back are a mess. I don't time manage at all well and eat to stuff things, to celebrate things, when I'm happy and when I'm sad. I recently lost 30lbs because I don't eat much when I'm under extreme stress. Then my friend told me about this site. I'm terrified of gaining back the weight. I hate being judged. I'm so self-contious that it's ruining my life. I look back at pictures of when I was in high school (almost 30 yrs ago) and I can't believe I saw myself as fat. Now I am! I have a dismorphic vision of myself. No matter how much weight I've ever lost, I've always seen myself as fat. I try to be a BBW, but all I see the Big. My weight loss goal is the weight of an entire person, but I need help staying motivated. I never seem to stick to anything very long. I know all my health problems won't go away if I loose the weight, but some will and several will be easier to deal with. So...that's me. TMI? Sorry, I share from my heart and sometimes it feels like sharing a lot.:flowerforyou:

10791109.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    There is nothing wrong with being honest of where you are and where you need to go. As long as you know it, that's all that matters. I wish you well on your journey. Just don't let it get the best of you, you CAN do it :)
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Welcome! There is no judging here, we are all dealing with something. Glad you are here, and if you want support feel free to add me!
  • GinaMR
    GinaMR Posts: 5
    Tracy, I am so very proud of you! You are doing very well! Keep up the good work!
  • You've come to the right place! I have been using this website (and the iphone app) for a couple of months now and I have to say I love it. Everyone that uses this website has the same goal in mind, to loose weight. Doesn't matter if its 2 lbs or 200 lbs everyone here is trying to do the same thing, and because of that everyone is SUPER supportive, NO judging here. Take it one meal at a time and you'll make it to your goal. You CAN DO IT!!

YouTube Chanel about Weight loss: smadayrrek
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    A lot of us have health conditions that affect our ability to be rigorously active. The difference between those of us who are successful and those who aren't isn't the condition, but dedication to our health and quality of life. Your knee problems will make it a challenge, but it's not impossible to workout for most people, even those who are disabled or suffer from other conditions. Just because you can't do what everyone else does doesn't mean there's NOTHING you can do. Work with your doctor, physical therapist, or someone to help you work around your disability. Don't let it be an excuse for you.
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    you can do it... take it from someone who HAS lost the equivalent of an entire person, it IS possible! Use the tools this site offers, be honest with yourself in your logging and don't lose interest or hope!

the people here are VERY good support!
    Sherry
This discussion has been closed.