1 clove garlic , finely chopped
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 each 3/4-pound pork tenderloins , trimmed
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Instructions
Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and garlic; sauté until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add molasses, vinegar, mustard and soy sauce; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until quite thick, about 7 minutes.
Rub tenderloins generously with black pepper. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloins and cook, turning, until well browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes.
Brush the pork generously with some of the barbecue sauce. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Turn over the tenderloins and brush them with remaining sauce and roast for 7 to 8 minutes more, or until the internal temperature is 160°F. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes. Carve into 3/4-inch-thick slices and serve.

Nutritional Information
Servings Per Recipe: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 292.0
Total Fat 8.0g
Saturated Fat 2.0g
Cholesterol 124.0mg
Sodium 226.0mg
Total Carbs 12.0g
Dietary Fiber 0.0g
Protein 40.0g

Courtesy of EatingWell.com

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil , divided
    1/2 each small onion , finely chopped
    1 each jalapeño pepper , seeded and finely chopped
    1 clove garlic , finely chopped
    1/4 cup molasses
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 each 3/4-pound pork tenderloins , trimmed
    Freshly ground pepper to taste

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and garlic; sauté until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add molasses, vinegar, mustard and soy sauce; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until quite thick, about 7 minutes.
    Rub tenderloins generously with black pepper. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloins and cook, turning, until well browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes.
    Brush the pork generously with some of the barbecue sauce. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Turn over the tenderloins and brush them with remaining sauce and roast for 7 to 8 minutes more, or until the internal temperature is 160°F. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes. Carve into 3/4-inch-thick slices and serve.

Nutritional Information
    Servings Per Recipe: 6 servings
    Amount Per Serving:
    Calories 292.0
    Total Fat 8.0g
    Saturated Fat 2.0g
    Cholesterol 124.0mg
    Sodium 226.0mg
    Total Carbs 12.0g
    Dietary Fiber 0.0g
    Protein 40.0g

Courtesy of EatingWell.com
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    this sounds awesome. Will you cook it for me? I'm feeling lazy today.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

Me too. That's why I'm looking up some lazy recipes for next weeks dinners.:embarassed:

Already did the whole nacho/turkey burger thing this week.:laugh:
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Me too. That's why I'm looking up some lazy recipes for next weeks dinners.:embarassed:

I do this too. sometimes even cook up lots of recipes on the week end and freeze. take them out when I want them and zap'em. so much easier. especially on busy days and late nights.
  • SoupNazi
    Options

I do this too. sometimes even cook up lots of recipes on the week end and freeze. take them out when I want them and zap'em. so much easier. especially on busy days and late nights.

Me too!! Such a time saver! You just reminded me that I have some vegetable beef soup in my freezer that I can use next week SO only four more nights to plan. WOOT! :drinker:

Thank you so much!