Something I thought I'd share...

Options
2»

Replies

• KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Remember, having bowel movements regularly is a plus and a great start to boosting your weight loss. Its an acquired taste but something you can get used to...
    Sentence proximity can have unintended consequences when you use pronouns.

When I read it, I completely thought what you're implying. It didn't even occur to me that lemon water would be an aquired taste, hahaha!
  • KiyaK
    Options
    triple post? Well that's just awkward...
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that, Porsha!
    My digestive system is much like yours was, and I often feel sluggish/full and lethargic. So I will definitely get some lemons, and I actually love hot lemon water so it's a plus! Thanks for that, it's a great tip! ♥
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    There was a post recently about hot lemon water in the mornings and I thought I'd give it a go and I'm really enjoying it. It seems to have given my insides a bit of a kickstart which they needed so I'm happy about that.

I have a cold which I'm sure would have been worse judging by other people's colds around me, but I'm dosed up on vitamin c thanks to all the lemon water!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Remember, having bowel movements regularly is a plus and a great start to boosting your weight loss. Its an acquired taste but something you can get used to...

When I read it, I completely thought what you're implying. It didn't even occur to me that lemon water would be an aquired taste, hahaha!

yep, i didnt think it was the lemon water that was an aquired taste!!!
  • curvydollgina
    Options
    **Reminder** Pick up lemons! My trainer has had me on a strict diet and workout regimine for a week..( I keep messing up, so she adds a day) I havent been having good bowel movements so I bought some smooth move capsules and oooh booy. For me there is nothing smooth in it. So this is a good post for me to start my day!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Love this, and it helps the water go down. I'm not much of a water drinker, I find myself forcing myself to drink 2 litres per day - I'm still not really loving it but definitley getting used to it, it's a good habit.

Lemon might help.. thanks all.

xx
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A lot of friends swear by this little trick but ONE VERY IMPORTANT FACT TO BEAR IN MIND PEOPLE:

Lemon juice (majorly diluted or not) causes acid erosion in your teeth, so be careful with your intake or even consider usng a straw so it misses touching the teeth completely.

Also do not brush your teeth for at least an hour after drinking this and/or eating acidic fruits as it will only serve to erode them even more.

I have extremely noticeable acid erosion and this was one of the contributing factors.
  • LisaLove240786
    LisaLove240786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip i love water with lemon, i also have trouble in the toilet department but my doctor recommended Fybogel and this works for me and has improved my weight loss by more than half... yaaay for bowel movements!
  • KiyaK
    Options
    Strange lemon side-note. I’ve had a canker sore on my bottom lip. (yes, I know, it’s gross) Right in the wrong place, so I kept biting it & messing with it. I’ve only drank 3 cups of lemon water this morning & the thing has shrunk! I was skeptical of the lemon & the sore, because I’ve heard that citrus can aggravate canker sores, but it’s completely done the opposite! I’m pretty much in love with lemon water now… :)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I love water and it's the only thing I drink. I don't like lemon in my water and refuse to drink something I don't like to lose weight. Good luck to those that enjoy the taste.