Just joined !!!

Options
jackeblu
jackeblu Posts: 9
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
OK I'm starting a new "diet" right now! I logged into this website having never used it before. It's great! I've already logged in breakfast and love the way it keeps track. I can now see what I have left for the day rather than trying to keep track in my head. Obviously that doesn't work!

I'm 50 years old and three years ago I lost 103 lbs on the Aitkin Diet. I have since regained 50 lbs and I have to stop this! After repeated trys at Aitkins and not losing anything I have finally decided that I just need to keep track of what I eat. I feel optimistic about this and raring to go!

Would love to hear from others! Have a great day.

Jackie

Replies

• jackeblu
    Options
    OK I'm starting a new "diet" right now! I logged into this website having never used it before. It's great! I've already logged in breakfast and love the way it keeps track. I can now see what I have left for the day rather than trying to keep track in my head. Obviously that doesn't work!

I'm 50 years old and three years ago I lost 103 lbs on the Aitkin Diet. I have since regained 50 lbs and I have to stop this! After repeated trys at Aitkins and not losing anything I have finally decided that I just need to keep track of what I eat. I feel optimistic about this and raring to go!

Would love to hear from others! Have a great day.

Jackie
  • mdiaz9016
    mdiaz9016 Posts: 2
    Options
    HELLO!!! I too am starting on my adventure to weight lose. I was on the South Beach diet and lost 30 lbs (I'm small statue, so 30 lbs on me was alot), and loved it but the minute I got off it I gained it all back, and now I'm also sold on the "you have to watch how much you eat" not the "what" you eat. I too am new to this website and also I'm loving the tracking, how easy it is to get your info listed, and it's free!!
  • jackeblu
    Options
    Hi! You are so right. I've tried induction again so many times without losing much. The first time I was on it I lost 13 lbs the first two weeks. It was so easy to stay on Aitkins and I lost 103 lbs. Then when I started not keeping track and "allowing" myself things I hadn't had in years, the weight started creeping back on. I have gained back 50 lbs and I have to stop this in it's track or I will regain all the weight.

This program will help and so will the support of the group. That is what we're here for right?!

Nice hearing from you.

Jackie
  • mydietplan
    mydietplan Posts: 10
    Options
    I THINK JUST PUTTING THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF FOOD & EXERCISE IN OUR LIVES WILL ALL BALANCE OUT. DIETS REALLY DO NOT WORK! APPETITE SUPPRESANTS MAKE YOU FULL & THEN WHEN YOU LOOSE YOU WILL GAIN IT BACK CUZ YOUR BOD IS NOT USED TO FOOD! SOOO.... EAT HEALTHY & EXERCISE SHOULD WORK! RIGHT? GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS TOO!!
    TERRI
  • jackeblu
    Options
    I think you're right about balance. It's hard to do though. Especially the exercise part. I have a treadmill and stationary bike at work and I think I'll go in early to use them before the place opens up.

I've never really tried the suppressants. I'm not sure how they work but I do think if you use this tool for tracking cals, carbs, etc, and introduce exercise you should be able to lose.

Have a great day all!

Jackie
This discussion has been closed.