Low calorie casseroles?

Options
Sklahsen
Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
Hey all!
I am looking for low calorie casserole recipes. I find I always make some kind of meat with rice or potatoes and a vegetable...I am looking for something new and different for my family to try! Plus, there is just something about having a nice warm casserole on a cool day!

Thanks!!

Replies

• DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1/6th • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
    Calories: 318 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 27.3 g • Carb: 34.3 g • Fiber: 3.6 g

6 oz no yolk noodles (you can use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest, or brown rice pasta for gluten free)
    1 tbsp butter
    1 medium onion, minced fine
    3 tbsp flour (gluten free use rice flour)
    1 3/4 cups fat free chicken broth
    1 cup 1% milk
    1 oz sherry (optional)
    10 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
    1 cup frozen petite peas (thawed)
    2 (5 oz) cans tuna in water, drained (I used albacore)
    4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar (I used Cabot)
    butter flavored cooking spray
    2 tbsp parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs

Cook noodles in salted water until al dente, or slightly undercooked by 2 minutes. Set aside.

Melt the butter in a large deep skillet. Add onions and cook on medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir well, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat

Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray 9 x 12 casserole with butter flavored cooking spray.

Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until well combined, increasing heat to medium and whisking well for 30 seconds, then add the milk and bring to a boil. When boiling, add sherry, mushrooms and petite peas, adjust salt and pepper to taste and simmer on medium, mixing occasionally until it thickens (about 6-7 minutes). Add drained tuna, stirring another minute.

Remove from heat and add 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar and mix well until it melts. Add the noodles to the sauce and mix well until evenly coated. Pour into casserole and top with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray a little more cooking spray and top and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. Place under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp (careful not to burn).
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Rattouille! It's all veggies, very good and you can make a batch of it and eat it for like a week!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Asparagus-and-Ham Casserole
    This speedy Asparagus-and-Ham Casserole is pure comfort food and needs only 10 minutes to bake. That's because most of the prep work (cooking pasta and making a light cream sauce) is done on the stovetop. Simply bake to brown the breadcrumbs and make the filling bubbly. Because of the delicate flavors in this dish, we preferred using a mild baked ham to a smoked one.

YIELD: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
    COURSE: Casseroles, Main Dishes
    Ingredients

1 (1-ounce) slice white bread(can substitute wheat bread)
    3 3/4 cups uncooked extra-broad egg noodles
    2 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch) sliced asparagus
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 cup whole milk
    1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1 tablespoon butter
    3/4 cup finely chopped onion
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed ham (about 8 ounces)
    1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 450°.

Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup.

Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus; cook 1 minute. Drain.

Lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place flour, thyme, salt, and pepper in medium bowl; gradually add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk until well-blended. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion; saute 4 minutes. Add milk mixture; cook until thick (about 4 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in juice. Combine the pasta mixture, milk mixture, ham, and parsley in large bowl; spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.

Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 250
    Calories from fat: 26%
    Fat: 7.1g
    Saturated fat: 3.4g
    Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
    Protein: 16g
    Carbohydrate: 30.9g
    Fiber: 2.7g
    Cholesterol: 52mg