Luscious Lemon Squares

Options
SoupNazi
SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
28340.jpg

Ingredients
1 cup sifted cake flour
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (1/4 cup)
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 each large egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup lemon juice (1 large lemon)
Confectioners sugar for dusting over top

Instructions
To make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat the inside of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
Stir together cake flour and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Cut cream cheese into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or your fingertips until crumbly. Gradually add oil, stirring with a fork. Toss with fingertips until evenly moistened. (The mixture will be crumbly.) Press into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden.
To make filling: Beat egg whites, sugar and lemon zest together in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
Stir together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add to the egg-white mixture and beat until blended. Beat in lemon juice. Pour over the hot crust and bake for about 20 minutes longer, or until the top is light golden and set. Let cool in the pan on a rack.
Coat a sharp knife with cooking spray and cut into squares. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.

Nutritional Information
Servings Per Recipe: 16 squares
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 116.0
Total Fat 3.0g
Saturated Fat 1.0g
Cholesterol 2.0mg
Sodium 71.0mg
Total Carbs 20.0g
Dietary Fiber 0.0g
Protein 2.0g

Replies

• SoupNazi
    Options
    28340.jpg

Ingredients
    1 cup sifted cake flour
    1/4 cup confectioners sugar
    2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (1/4 cup)
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    3 each large egg whites
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup lemon juice (1 large lemon)
    Confectioners sugar for dusting over top

Instructions
    To make crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat the inside of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
    Stir together cake flour and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Cut cream cheese into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or your fingertips until crumbly. Gradually add oil, stirring with a fork. Toss with fingertips until evenly moistened. (The mixture will be crumbly.) Press into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden.
    To make filling: Beat egg whites, sugar and lemon zest together in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
    Stir together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add to the egg-white mixture and beat until blended. Beat in lemon juice. Pour over the hot crust and bake for about 20 minutes longer, or until the top is light golden and set. Let cool in the pan on a rack.
    Coat a sharp knife with cooking spray and cut into squares. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.

Nutritional Information
    Servings Per Recipe: 16 squares
    Amount Per Serving:
    Calories 116.0
    Total Fat 3.0g
    Saturated Fat 1.0g
    Cholesterol 2.0mg
    Sodium 71.0mg
    Total Carbs 20.0g
    Dietary Fiber 0.0g
    Protein 2.0g
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Ooohhh!! Aaahhh!

Are you trying to kill me?! I'm sitting here in freezing weather dying for carbs..... but this sure does look yummy.

Glad you are posting some great recipes. It'll save me the trouble of figuring out half of next weeks menu.

:glasses:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Ooohhh!! Aaahhh!

Are you trying to kill me?! I'm sitting here freezing weather dying for carbs..... but this sure does look yummy.

Glad you are posting some great recipes. It'll save me the trouble of figuring out half of next weeks menu.

:glasses:

:laugh: :laugh:

In my ultimate quest for carb laden comfort foods, I find joy. {deep content sigh}

I try to post good recipes daily but have been slacking this past week. I'm making up for them now.:bigsmile:

But they are HEALTHY AG!:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You must be joking, Soupy. Remember what you just said about the whole "twin" thing...LEMON BARS?! *drool* I might be making these tomorrow with Zeke. Delicious!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    You must be joking, Soupy. Remember what you just said about the whole "twin" thing...LEMON BARS?! *drool* I might be making these tomorrow with Zeke. Delicious!

My twin, my twin.:smooched:

Since you are making these tomorrow, my long lost sister, eat about 6 of for me will ya? A sisters gotta do what a sisters gotta do.:smokin:

C'mon....it'll help that "P" word along. {snicker, snort}
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Girl, I learned my lesson on my day of bingeing to RID myself of the p-word. What a crappy food hangover I had the next day! Ugh. I never thought I'd actually crave a salad!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Girl, I learned my lesson on my day of bingeing to RID myself of the p-word. What a crappy food hangover I had the next day! Ugh. I never thought I'd actually crave a salad!

But you are asked to do this all in the name of love.

Love I tell you!:angry:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Fine, fine. I get it. LOVE! :angry: or rather...:smooched:

:laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Fine, fine. I get it. LOVE! :angry: or rather...:smooched:

:laugh:

AWWWWWWWW!!! Exactly....LOOVE!!:love:

*note to self...all is going as planned. Guilt trip is most DEFINITELY working.Muahaha. Muahahahahah
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey! Remember, I'm in your head! I heard that! :noway:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Hey! Remember, I'm in your head! I heard that! :noway:

Dang it! Foiled again!:angry: